Dallas Cowboys vs Minnesota Vikings - Official Game Thread

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I can't stand the Cowboys but my v-bucks will be on them this week. Cowboys will beat the Vikes straight up.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
This is a classic student vs the master scenario. Romo always wanted to be like Favre. Well son, here is your chance.

The Vikings have something the Eagles didnt. A powerful rushing attack to go with one of histories best QBs.

Visanthe Shiancoe and his 11 regular season TDs will be a difference maker in what I anticipate will be a hard fought, brutal 27-21 Vikings win.

Mike

Administrator
History will continue to repeat itself. Favre will pee down his leg once again against the Cowboys. ;)

What this comes down to is how each defense pressure's the QB, and how each QB responds. From what I have seen from each team over the past few weeks, I think Dallas has the advantage here. Minnesota has their hands full with Ware, and if they double him up, Ratliff and Spencer look more than capable of taking advantage of the Vikings loading up on Ware. On the other side, Dallas has to account for Jared Allen, and I think they can harrass him well enough, while preventing the rest of the guys up front from getting to Romo.

Sidney Rice has a tough matchup against Jenkins, while I don't think the Vikings have an answer for Austin.

And the fact I am a Cowboys fan has absolutely nothing to do with my analysis ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I really hope I'm wrong, but I think Dallas is playing with way too much confidence and swagger to get beat in this spot. Dallas 31, Minnesota 24

efactor

Coming at you
Should be a good one, but I think Dallas will pull out the win. Romo is playing great and their offense is so balanced right now.

Cowboys playing great defense right now and I think they will pressure Farve into a couple costly picks.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
So Michael I think this little run Dallas is on is going to end Sunday. Dallas suck!

5 million straight up winner?

Mike

Administrator
So Michael I think this little run Dallas is on is going to end Sunday. Dallas suck!

5 million straight up winner?

:nannie:

Easy Money. I'll even donate a portion to Brett so he can buy a cane to walk back off the field with. :nannie:

Mike

Administrator
Ha!

You know Farvera will do what he always does against Dallas. A couple quick interceptions, then he will act like he got hurt, then retire and unretire a few times.....

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think this will be a much closer game than folks realize. Minny has a top flight defense and Dallas' defense has been spectacular lately.

I think this will be a 24-21 type game.

I am leaning Minny though.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
This game to could be a tough match for the Cowboys except they've been playing to good down the stretch (did i just say that) Cowboys silence the Vikes and Favre makes it back to the senior center in time for dinner

Cowboys win by 2td's

Miscreants

Unless Peterson suddenly has gotten far better than he has been the rest of this season, I'd say that the big running plays will come from Chester Taylor. AP's average yardage shows that despite his thinking that he runs better without a FB, he has always had better yardage when he had a lead blocker. I love the guy, but he's got to get better blocking and Tony Richardson is on some other playoff team this year.

I think that Percy Harvin is the key to how the Vikes do this week. Also, I think that resting Pat Williams in the last game will have a huge impact when he gets in there this week.

I think it'll be close, and though I want the Vikes to win, I can't say which way it'll go.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
:nannie:

Easy Money. I'll even donate a portion to Brett so he can buy a cane to walk back off the field with. :nannie:

:grandpa:

Ha!

You know Farvera will do what he always does against Dallas. A couple quick interceptions, then he will act like he got hurt, then retire and unretire a few times.....

Don't forget about the 2 hand touch games in his Wranglers!

bobbeaux

agree with a close game and feel it could be low scoring (less than 40 total pts) . . . leaning towards the vikings . . . ;)