Bucs / Revis talks stall

Coachnorm

ProFootballTalk.com says the Bucs are "close to moving on" from a Darrelle Revis trade. Rumors say that the Jets want this years first round pick for Revis and the Bucs were talking next years first rounder.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Are the Jets just plain out crazy or what? Every single source says there's no way that Revis will be on the team this year yet the Jets keep dragging their feet and losing every team that has shown any interest at all. I don't get it.

cctekguy

Staff member
Exactly what is the difference in value between "This Year's 1st" and "Next Year's First"?

Tampa has the 13th overall this year. Probably close to the same next year.

With a poor talent pool this year, one would think NEXT years pick would hold MORE value.

jjtweeks

Are the Jets just plain out crazy or what? Every single source says there's no way that Revis will be on the team this year yet the Jets keep dragging their feet and losing every team that has shown any interest at all. I don't get it.

Lesson of the day from professor Mud:redface:
Definition of rhetorical question right there folks

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If you are the Jets, you will hold out hoping the other team blinks, or maybe one of the teams with multiple first round picks blink. I think getting a first next year is also a good move, but holding on to him as we get closer to the draft doesn't hurt them, and may raise the value as teams get desperate.

efactor

Coming at you
If you are the Jets, you will hold out hoping the other team blinks, or maybe one of the teams with multiple first round picks blink. I think getting a first next year is also a good move, but holding on to him as we get closer to the draft doesn't hurt them, and may raise the value as teams get desperate.

Pretty much spot on. It's not like teams are going to lose interest before the draft and if reports on his progress from the ACL injury are positive, it will probably increase the value a bit. No hurry to get it done today.

efactor

Coming at you
Exactly what is the difference in value between "This Year's 1st" and "Next Year's First"?

Tampa has the 13th overall this year. Probably close to the same next year.

With a poor talent pool this year, one would think NEXT years pick would hold MORE value.

A: You don't know Tampa will not do better this year. They have pieces in place to be a playoff contender and if that happens, much lower pick in 2014.

B: This years pick is always more valuable than next years when talking the same pick range. That's why teams get a 2nd round pick for the following year when they give up a 3rd rounder this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Looks like this is heating back up. Revis greater permission to visit TB and complete a physical. If the Nice are comfortable with the knee this could get done. Speculation is that its for 1.13 plus some additional picks.

Heard someone talk about Jets should look to get Blount as a toss in here, I think that would be very wise if they can get it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Deal looks to be done, Jets receive 1.13 & 2014 4th rounds that becomes a 3rd as ling as Revis stays on team next yr.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I also hear that hey have extended his contract, and he passed his physical so this is done.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Interesting contract. Flat 16 mil a yr for 6 yrs. Nothing guaranteed. Basically a 1 yr deal with 5 1 yr club options for 16 mil a yr.