Axe Elf's Sleepers & Stinkers: Week 1

gizzil

I dunno if that was so much taking a chance as it was the defenders couldn't believe it was thrown and just froze... If I were defending that there would have been no chances it would have gotten to Bennett ;)

ExperiencedRookie

Pretty decent predictions all around. A few "stinkers" that actually played pretty darn good like Jared Cook and Jordy Nelson. Other than that, so far so good

efactor

Coming at you
Pretty decent predictions all around. A few "stinkers" that actually played pretty darn good like Jared Cook and Jordy Nelson. Other than that, so far so good

Yeah, that Elf proclaimed "scrub" Jared Cook looked pretty good. Nice play by the DB to strip him at the goal line, but looks like a good fit in that offense.

ExperiencedRookie

Yeah, that Elf proclaimed "scrub" Jared Cook looked pretty good. Nice play by the DB to strip him at the goal line, but looks like a good fit in that offense.
I didn't see Cook being this good either. Guy has had plenty of opportunities in the NFL and has washed out every time. He looked pretty damn good today though. He had a ton of targets though. See what happens if the defense closes in on him and tries to take away. The WR in this group don't exactly strike fear into anyones hearts

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Your favorite punching bag of the off-season just punched ya in the face tonight. LeSean looks like the Real McCoy.

ExperiencedRookie

Your favorite punching bag of the off-season just punched ya in the face tonight. LeSean looks like the Real McCoy.
It's between him and Reggie Bush for which RB was the best in week 1. If you're talking about strictly work on the ground, Shady takes the cake.

A

Axe Elf

LeSean looks like the Real McCoy.

I should have listened to myself (from the "Preseason Week 1" thread):
Start any RB facing the Redskins' defense. Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene both had long TD runs.

I'll suspend judgment until I see him do it against a credible defense--and see how many games he can carry the ball 31 times without getting hurt.

ExperiencedRookie

I should have listened to myself (from the "Preseason Week 1" thread):

I'll suspend judgment until I see him do it against a credible defense--and see how many games he can carry the ball 31 times without getting hurt.

Wasn't the reasoning in this thread for McCoy having a bad game because Washington had a top 5 rushing defense last year? Make up your mind. You're now to the point where you'll call it both ways just so you can say you were right and make excuses for being wrong.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No little man you were dead wrong on McCoy. For week one anyway but a week does not a season make. Still enjoyed your write up and going at about 50% right is pretty darn good. Baseball players get rich if they get a hit a third of the time. Looking forward to next week.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
So by waiting a dozen hours he can really increase his correct percentage, especially for tonight wieners and loosers.