A.Smith or C.Kaepernick

Which 49er QB gives them the best chance to reach the 2012 SB ??

• Total voters

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Kaepernick will only end the season for the 49ers

This all comes down to money IMO, A.Smith is due a boat load of cash next season.

efactor

Coming at you
Kaepernick will only end the season for the 49ers

This all comes down to money IMO, A.Smith is due a boat load of cash next season.

Totally wrong. Smiths contract is actually pretty low for a starting QB, so if he was any good, it would be a non issue. However, it's too much to pay a back-up quarterback, which is what he is moving forward, so I guess it is about money from the stand point of them keeping him next year as a back up.

The bomb Kaepernick threw to Moss was a thing of beauty. 60 yard strike with great touch. Too bad the DB had Moss's right arm pinned and he didn't come up with the catch, but it ilistrates clearly that Kaepernick has all the throws to be a top QB and the speed and size to make plays with his feet when he has to.

No going back at this point.

Remote Controller

I know.....that's why he got chosen to start over Alex. It's not Alex's priviledge to retain the job over a player who is better, just because it was his job.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Heck I own him in every single league that I'm in though he has yet to be my highest scoring QB. Bush league way of doing things IMO as I fail to see any legitimate reason for benching Smith. Simple facts: two losses for Smith and one thus far for the youngster.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Heck I own him in every single league that I'm in though he has yet to be my highest scoring QB. Bush league way of doing things IMO as I fail to see any legitimate reason for benching Smith. Simple facts: two losses for Smith and one thus far for the youngster.

You are comparing results, but you are not comparing what they can do with Kap, that they can't even have in the playbook with A.Smith. Yes, they can win with Smith, they did last year, and Baltimore won a friggen superbowl the same way. Doesn't mean you have to sacrifice what you could do, because you have a formula that might work again.

Reality is this, 49ers are going to the playoffs. That is a fact. Whether they go farther with or without A.Smith, we will only know when this year is over. But I KNOW they won't pay A.Smith that $7million + next year, and Kap took the oportunity when given. So yes, you are seeing the future now, and getting game experience and playoff experience is the best thing for the 49ers now and long term.

Remote Controller

But isn't it the Coaches right to make that decision? His reason is he feels that they have a better chance with Kapernick. That's really the only reason he needs.

jjtweeks

is it wrong if I feel it's right to push an old lady down a flight of stairs. :tongue: umm yea
sorry but that is one of my favorite lines from Chris Rock

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
But JJ she's an old lady that is slowing down the march to the free popcorn giveaway. Better for the bunch to shove her aside. Never mind that she's paid the rent for all of us the last two years and almost took us to the superbowl game last year. Sure we sucked before she righted our dismal ship but, but...butt.

efactor

Coming at you
Don't waste your time RC. Mud is being so obtuse on this point, that talking sense is a moot point.

Bottom line, Harbaugh, who probably has more insight into the situation than Mud, thinks they have a better chance to go all the way with Kaepernick. That's his decision and he will live with it. Smith has no entitlement to the job. He is marginal and as any fan that follows SF could see in the first three plays of the Chicago game, Kaepernick has the ability and confidence that Smith doesn't possess. As far as being "bush league", total BS. QB who gives you the best chance to win plays. Plain and simple. If Smith can't digest that he is a mediocre talent, then he's simply in denial and should watch tape of the NFC championship game from last year.

efactor

Coming at you
But JJ she's an old lady that is slowing down the march to the free popcorn giveaway. Better for the bunch to shove her aside. Never mind that she's paid the rent for all of us the last two years and almost took us to the superbowl game last year. Sure we sucked before she righted our dismal ship but, but...butt.

Smith didn't right anything. Harbaugh did. Smith was part of the dismal ship. The biggest part. They were successful because they had a great defense, amazing special teams and played smart (few penalties). Oh, and they didn't give Smith enough rope to screw the game up. Smith was the best of a lot of bad options last year. Now they have a better option, so he's out.

Later Alex............