2011 NFC CG- Giants at Niners - It's week 10 all over again

jjtweeks

yea but does anyone else think that going for it on 4th and 6 was just plain crazy. I blame that loss on that call rather than Cundiff's miss

jjtweeks

I could understand if it was earlier in the game or 4th an 1 or maybe 2. But Ravens are not known for a reliable offense that can handel that pressure. 4th and 6 for any team is a desperate call and they were only 3 points down. Like what Mud said, anything would have been better than what they did. A punt would have set there defense up nice, deep in NE territory. i would have gave Cundiff the chance though

gizzil

i would have punted the 4th &6 incidentally... however i could NOT believe Vernon Davis was left all alone one on one, no help, with a short safety underneath... it totally blows my mind. maybe because i had VD all year and he did **** the entire time... but really, after the 49ers found that weakness against NO, to come out and let them get a 73 yard TD on that was simply abhorrent. And agin, not only that, they let it happen AGAIN. DC's around the league need to start coming up with better safety valves against some of these tight ends cuz this is simply brutal. if nothing else, the players responsible for him and or where he may go need to start being extra cognizant of guys like this. Plays like that are simply inexcusable, especially in a conference championship. Also I'd like to note that Torrey Smith was wide a couple times in that ravens game in similar situations. Like thanks for the 6 wide.

Coachnorm

WR/KR Ted Ginn (knee) is questionable for Sunday's game against the Giants, the Sacramento Bee reports. Ginn is not expected to play, however. Kyle Williams is likely to pick up his workload.

The San Francisco 49ers may be interested in re-signing impending free-agent WR Ted Ginn Jr. this offseason but it would have to be at the right price. Ginn was valuable on special teams this season but only caught 18 passes. Analysis: Ginn's value in the return game was obvious when replacement KR Kyle Williams fumbled all over the place vs. the Giants in the NFC Championship.

cctekguy

Staff member
yea but does anyone else think that going for it on 4th and 6 was just plain crazy. I blame that loss on that call rather than Cundiff's miss

I'm missing something here.

yes, going for it on 4th and 6 was crazy.....BUT THEY MADE IT!

How does that come off as a bad call?

When is punting EVER better than getting a 1st down?

When is a 51yd FG try EVER more desirable than a 32yd FG try?

This "hind sight" stuff is getting out of hand.