2011 NFC CG- Giants at Niners - It's week 10 all over again

xqj47alpha

Banned
nyg.gif at sfo.gif
New York travels back to the Bay for a rematch in The Ci-tay!

The Giants are stacked at WR.
The Niners are stacked at Vernon Davis.

The early season injury to Josh Morgan looms huge here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Frank Gore suffered a right leg injury on the final drive of the 49ers' Saturday win over the Saints, but says he'll be fine for the NFC Championship Game. "I feel good," Gore said. "I'll do whatever it takes to get to the Super Bowl." Gore was curiously given just 13 carries in the Divisional Round, but should be a much bigger part of the game plan against a New York defense that figures to make life tough on Alex Smith. Gore had his worst game of the season in San Francisco's Week 10 win over the Giants, carrying the ball six times for zero yards.

xqj47alpha

Banned
It's raining in these parts folks, just so you know.

just ask Kingdome.
Washington is getting rocked with some 1985 style Wx right about now.

Forecast is for rain to continue on Friday (tomorrow) and early morning showers on Saturday.

Sunday's forecast is for showers, which means just about anything, three days away.
With the game scheduled to start at 330 pm Pacific here's what I expect:

It's going to be cold, with the sun poking through like it is know to do.
Sure, those cities on the east coast get cold, but there's no cold like San Francisco.

By the time the second half kicks and the sun is safely tucked into the west, you'll be able to see the nipples on penguins.

guess I'm suggesting...If you're planning on any offense, probably best get to it early.

Coachnorm

WR/KR Ted Ginn (knee) is questionable for Sunday's game against the Giants, the Sacramento Bee reports. Ginn is not expected to play, however. Kyle Williams is likely to pick up his workload.

xqj47alpha

Banned
While Ginn puts the juice in the Niners return game, I don't count him being out as all that significant.

Not that in a game like this Ginn wouldn't help the Niners in the battle for field position.
Plus his ability to stretch the field will be missed.

Coachnorm

Be careful Niner Fan that Giants fan you shove just may be an undercover cop!

Undercover police will be dressed in Giants' garb and on the lookout for nasty fans.

Coachnorm

49ers TE Delanie Walker (questionable, broken jaw) is expected to be active for the NFC Championship Game after turning in a week of limited practice. Analysis: Seeing as his injury is to his jaw, Walker's status won't depend on his pre-game workout. One of the league's best run-blocking tight ends, Walker's return is excellent news for Frank Gore as he gears up to face the Giants' 19th ranked run defense.

Good for Gore, yes. Better for the QB Smith as he is safer from the pass rush this year when the Niners employ a two TE set. cn