2 RB "Who to Start Questions" ... Who gets the call? for WEEK 1

realmwalker

2 different teams, same scoring (Standard + 6PT for ALL TD)

Need two RB for each team from listed RB.

Team 1 RB's: J Charles (KC), S Ridley (NE), or C. Benson (GB), Ryan Williams (AZ), Ballard (IND), T. Jones(OAK)

At this point it looks like CHARLES and either Ridley or Benson...who gets the call?

Who starts (need 2)?

Team 2 RB's: F. Gore (SF), R. Bush (MIA), R. Jennings (JAX), M. Ingram (NO), R. Brown (SD)

Clearly, I drafted for depth here, and lo and behold two of my late grabs (BROWN and JENNINGS) appear poised to start at least in Week 1. So based on my team would you Start Jennings or even Brown over Bush/Gore?

Who starts? (need 2)

Great to be back at the Outlaw again and thanks in advance to any advice. GL to all this year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Charles goes up against a tough Atlanta defense and a new high octane offense but I'd roll with him here without a doubt.
I'm not sure about playing Benson vs the 49er defense while Ridley faces the Titans. I'm facing much the same call in one of my leagues. I guess one way of looking at it is that we pulled the trigger on Benson for a reason and the start of the season is his big chance to make a splash. Cedric will not get the 3rd down work but then again Ridley is going to share touches as well. It's a tough call IMO.

Game two I'd play Jennings and Bush. The 9ers will have to pass and pass and pass some more vs the Packers and last year Gore was an afterthought in the passing game. I look for that downward trend to continue for him. Bush runs against the Texans defense which won't be pretty but his hands still work and he's a threat in the passing game. Jennings goes up against the Vikes defense which is a bit softer than the Texans and he's got millions of dollars to play for and could be starting on borrowed time as the fantasy world awaits the return of MJD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remote Controller

Agree with RC except I'm not sure about playing Benson vs the 49er defense while Ridley faces the Titans. I'm facing much the same call in one of my leagues. I guess one way of looking at it is that we pulled the trigger on Benson for a reason and the start of the season is his big chance to make a splash. Cedric will not get the 3rd down work but then again Ridley is going to share touches as well. It's a tough call IMO.
Kinda my angle, and brady is just as apted to simply throw the ball in also. Benson does give the Pack a "wildcard", so to say for the first few weeks, as teams try to figure out what he is capable of in an offense desinged to throw the ball, while they simply can't put 8 in the box to try to stop him like they did when he was a bengal. That didn't always stop him then, so this might could work out well. Ridley is a fumble away from no work also, and that axe will fall hard and fast.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Good points RC and I left the call open as too close for me to call. I did edit my above post a bit after I posted it.

realmwalker

As always, great advice and thanks for the responses. You were leaning as I was with Charles/Benson. I too was leaning Jennings/Bush simply because I feel the 9ers will be behind and throwing far too much. That doesnt mean Gore (who is uninjured for now (I drafted Hunter late too)) wont find the zone once. Tough call on this one.

deuce4321

Driller
Charles / benson

I would use gore while he is healthy or trade him if you don't think sf is going to run. If ur right this is his highest value and will only drop significantly.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Charles and Ridley. I like Benson this year, but not against SF's D. Ridley has a much better match-up.

Gore & Jennings - keep an eye on MJD, if he shows up I would become a little more leary to start Jennings even if they say he is still the starter.

Coachnorm

Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey indicated Monday that Maurice Jones-Drew will be a rotational third-down back in Week 1.