1st 2010 NFL Mock Discussion Thread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OK. No doubt about his talent. Fast and tough. Like to see Pac 10ers succeed so hope it's a good fit and we don't see too much of the back of his jersey as he tries to run down receivers that just put a double move on him................. :)
I know he was hurt most of the year so it was a small sample....but Roy Williams was not burnt in coverage one time this year over the top with Cincinnati.....just all about putting them in positions to succeed and that match their talents. But your right, coverage skills are his top weakness for sure.

bobbeaux

the texans go to the well again in the 1st rnd to solidify the middle of the d-line . . . DT Williams should jump right into the d-line's rotation and help draw the double teams away from the DE's, as well as plugging up the middle to free up the LB's even more. . . ;)

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Patriots need quality at the LB position after losing Bruschi to retirement, Vrable via trade/age, and Adalius Thomas to dissension.
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri, will be the wildcard on the field that oposing QB's will need to worry about. Is he coming weakside or is he dropping back into coverage?
... and this pick will finally keep Junior Seau in retirement.

Remote Controller

I am glad Williams was available for this selection. The time is now to start beefing this line back up. There were to OLB's that warranted consideration, but I felt this need was greater.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Patriots need quality at the LB position after losing Bruschi to retirement, Vrable via trade/age, and Adalius Thomas to dissension.
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri, will be the wildcard on the field that oposing QB's will need to worry about. Is he coming weakside or is he dropping back into coverage?
... and this pick will finally keep Junior Seau in retirement.

What I like about this pick is how much younger and talented you just made the LB corps there. This guy and Mayo are yough, high motor guys.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Went speed rusher for Philly. They need depth at DE, and need to pressure the Qb more with linemen. Was looking LB, but all my targets were taken.

So I will take Jason Pierre-Paul...a demon speed rusher and will be the Trent Cole for the other side

efactor

Coming at you
Went speed rusher for Philly. They need depth at DE, and need to pressure the Qb more with linemen. Was looking LB, but all my targets were taken.

So I will take Jason Pierre-Paul...a demon speed rusher and will be the Trent Cole for the other side

Pretty intriguing prospect. Have never seen him play but have been reading a lot about him and seems the sky is the limit. On the downside, not much of a sample size so there seems some uncertainty about how long it will take him to adapt in the NFL. Will be interesting to watch.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
With the Ravens having no WR under contract for the 2010 season I decided to take.............

Brandon Graham DE Michigan

I believe they will make a trade for a veteran WR ( Marshall or Boldin ) and they need to get more pressure on the QB. Graham has been compared to Woodley and led college football in tackles behind the LOS.

Remote Controller

With the Ravens having no WR under contract for the 2010 season I decided to take.............

Brandon Graham DE Michigan

I believe they will make a trade for a veteran WR ( Marshall or Boldin ) and they need to get more pressure on the QB. Graham has been compared to Woodley and led college football in tackles behind the LOS.
He almsot disappeared at 23. He and Matthews would have been a mean sack combo.

DearbornDolfan

The Cards need a real LT, someone who can keep whoever is QB clean enough to get the ball to that amazing stable of studs. That's why I'm going Trent Williams here for the Cards.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Earl Thomas over Mays was a no-brainer. In most 3-4 schemes, all 4 of your DB's in a standard package need to be quick pass defenders as opposed to run supporters. We happened to luck out with Polomalu in that he's adept at just about any role he's asked to fill. I think Mays will end up being a LB at some point anyway unless he sheds some weight. As for Thomas, he's a true centerfielder and ballhawk, which is what we need badly, so things like Chris Chambers (Chiefs game) being left alone to catch a game-cinching bomb don't happen anymore. I think he's alot closer to Eric Berry in the overall Safety rankings than he is to Mays.
In the interest of full disclosure though, I heart Bryan Bulaga and that's the guy I desperately wanted with this pick. The next 2 rounds will probably be O-linemen, unless some obvious talent really drops.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm not sure about Pierre-Paul being a 1st rounder after only one season of real production. As I've discussed over past couple years with the Tampa contingent, I REALLY love the "other" USF DE/LB who has 4 years of film to watch, and I think he'll wind up being one of the best value picks of this entire draft since his stock has gradually slipped over the past 2 years..

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Not sure what to do in this instance.... He is normally around. Ill give him till after the AFC title game then pick the next tackle up and we can move on. Im itching to see who you pick for the Boys.

MNJHNSN

The Cards need a real LT, someone who can keep whoever is QB clean enough to get the ball to that amazing stable of studs. That's why I'm going Trent Williams here for the Cards.

I like this pick for the Cards. I think they also would have greatly benefitted from a good TE like GRESHAM or HERNANDEZ here.

bodey24

Staff member
The Dallas Cowboys select Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho. I also considered WR or DT with this pick but in the end decided to go O-line. Especially after watching the playoff game against the Vikings. I went Iupati because he's one of the biggest O-linemen in the draft and those are the type of linemen Dallas likes to draft. He is also very mobile for being a bigger guy.