1st 2010 NFL Mock Discussion Thread

Runnik's Hambones

McLain is an incredible pick. He rules. However, Hughes? Really? I mean the guy is a talent, no doubt, but is he really a 1st rounder? Personally, I think that's a wasted pick as I really do see him falling to mid-2nd round. Nothing against him as a player or the possible impact he'll have in the NFL. Just seems like you pulled the trigger on him too early. He reminds me a bit of Everette Brown out of last years draft. Monster year at FSU, 2nd round pick to the Panthers.

efactor

Coming at you
Well, I can only hope that Haden is there in the real NFL draft. Shante Spencer made great improvements in 2009 but I think Terrell Brown is more of a nickel back and I wouldn't have felt comfortable with him starting next year. Rumor has it that they would like to move Clements to safety, which makes sense if he can make the transition. Some can, some can't.

mills

Decided to go Spiller here. The Seahawks are in need of a lot of positions but Spiller is the explosive threat they need on their offense. When I watch the Seahawks play, the only think I can think is boring.... Spiller will change that. With the OL being deep this year, the hawks can pick up a solid OL in the second. I also considered Taylor Mays here... May's lacks some of the shutdown aspects the hawks need but he does bring a big hitter to their defense, he's from seattle and he knows Carroll's coaching style quite well.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If the Jags are that hellbent on Tebow, they'd have to trade back INTO the early 2nd round to get him if they didn't burn that 1st rounder on him since NE owns their pick. If the Rams, Skins, and Seahawks don't take QB's in the first for some odd reason (not far-fetched), Jax would have no chance at the Savior in the 2nd.
Don't forget Cleveland, Buffalo, and/or Oakland also.

I personally liked the Bryant pick because it makes perfect sense. Although 90% of every early mock I've seen has someone else specifically going there and he hasn't been picked yet here.

Teebow won't save crap. He is not an NFL Qb, and will only drag that franchise down more. Which may be the goal, since all I have seen hinted at is Jacksonville is the target franchise to go to LA once it is ready.

I also don't think Teebow goes anywhere near the top 2 rounds. Too many teams have been burned by J.Russell, Vick and other examples of this type of Qb.

Just my $0.02

Oh, thanks for the favorable review of Bryant. I have seen every mock with Cleveland taking a defender. Either McClain, or Haden or a DE or DT. It makes sense. But they have got to get some offensive help...and Bryant is head and shoulders the best in this draft

efactor

Coming at you
Like the Spiller pick. Would bring a little sizzle to the Hawks Offense. Now they need someone to block for him..........

DearbornDolfan

However, Hughes? Really? I mean the guy is a talent, no doubt, but is he really a 1st rounder?

I believe so. He has some small technique deficiencies (he tends to line up like a RB in a Power I offense because that was his position in HS) that were never corrected by his college coaches and he needs to work on his upper body strength, but the Fins' greatest need is SOLB and the only other two guys I would've taken at 12 were already gone.

More to the point, I don't believe there's anyone actually better suited to be a 3-4 OLB in this draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Phic and Dolfan, where do you guys get that banner that displays your teams?
One of the former posters here did it for us. I don't even remember who it was, have had this for more than a year I believe