Week 2 DFS

ExperiencedRookie

Just did my first lineup of the week. I typically build from the bottom up. What I mean by that is shopping for the best value on the board and then filling in from there.

First guy who jumped out at me was Rivers. Sitting at 7k on FD which is near the bottom of the solid QBs. I'm not sure what to expect from the Miami D, but I'll gladly take Rivers at home with all of his weapons healthy. I'd love to get Brees or Brady in there this week, but going with Rivers gets you an additional 2k spend elsewhere.

If you're going to follow along with Rivers, then you gotta stack him with Keenan. That connection looked strong in week 1, even against that crazy tough Denver secondary on the road. Luckily, Keenan is still very affordable at $7100.

The rest of the roster kind of just filled itself in from there.

Rivers
Marshawn
Freeman
Keenan
Devante Parker (another tremendous value at $6600. I'll get to this more in a bit)
Randall Cobb
Gronk
Tucker
Cincy D

Parker and Cobb both remain grossly undervalued. I LOVE Parker this week. It's a road game, but there figures to be a stadium that is half empty. Chargers might have the smallest home field advantage of any team in the NFL.

Cobb is still super cheap too. I really liked what I saw in week one. His routes looked sharp, and Rodgers reminded us of the amount of trust he has in him. GB V ATL should be one of those matchups that you'd be wise to get as many players into as possible.

While this particular lineup doesn't reflect it, but the NO V NE game is another one of those matchups. The Saints D made Bradford look like Brady in week one. What will they make the real Brady look like? I think Gronk is going to pay off for his big price tag this week. After seeing the TEs in week 1, I'm happy to just stay the heck away from all of them and go with the best. That being said, I wouldn't mind a little gamble play on Fleener this week. If Amendola is healthy is healthy, I wouldn't mind getting him in there. However, Amendola feels kind of like the check down guy for Brady. When you play the Saints, you don't need to check down too often. You know what you do against the Saints? You feed their former teammate Cooks! I'll definitely be working him into a majority of my lineups this week. In fact, I doubt I do a single entry without either Gronk or Cooks in them.

The NE D didn't look special at all in week 1 either, and we all know what Brees is capable of in the dome. It's Michael Thomas time. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Ingram or Kamara have a nice game. Kamara is only $4700, so if you've got the stomach for it, he can free up a ton of money for the rest of your lineup.

Another cheap look at RB is Cohen. He's a bit more expensive, but he also feels like he'll have a more defined role for Chicago. Buck Allen deserves a look for a cheap RB as well.

jjtweeks

• J. Cutler
  • MIA@LAC
    $6,900
  • RBL. McCoy
    BUF@CAR
    $8,600
  • RBT. West
    CLE@BAL
    $6,600
  • WRA. Brown
    MIN@PIT
    $9,400
  • WRM. Thomas
    NE@NO
    $8,000
  • WRK. Stills
    MIA@LAC
    $5,400
  • TEC. Brate
    CHI@TB
    $5,300
  • KJ. Tucker
    CLE@BAL
    $5,200
  • D bengals

jjtweeks

• M. Ryan
    GB@ATL
    $8,200
  • RBM. Gordon
    MIA@LAC
    $7,600
  • RBF. Gore
    ARI@IND
    $5,800
  • WRB. Cooks
    NE@NO
    $7,900
  • WRM. Thomas
    NE@NO
    $8,000
  • WRK. Allen
    MIA@LAC
    $7,100
  • TEJ. James
    MIN@PIT
    $5,400
  • KM. Bryant
    GB@ATL
    $5,000
  • 12546.png

D

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I'd rather avoid Parker this week going against Verrett and Hayward on the road... not saying he won't ball, anything's possible, just seems too risky for cash IMO.

Love Ty Montgomery this week on DK going against Atl and very nicely priced. I'll probably be rolling Fitz out too against Indy.

ExperiencedRookie

• J. Cutler
  • MIA@LAC
    $6,900
  • RBL. McCoy
    BUF@CAR
    $8,600
  • RBT. West
    CLE@BAL
    $6,600
  • WRA. Brown
    MIN@PIT
    $9,400
  • WRM. Thomas
    NE@NO
    $8,000
  • WRK. Stills
    MIA@LAC
    $5,400
  • TEC. Brate
    CHI@TB
    $5,300
  • KJ. Tucker
    CLE@BAL
    $5,200
  • D bengals
Why play Antonio this week? He's so expensive, and matches up with one of the best shut down corners in the league.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why play Antonio this week? He's so expensive, and matches up with one of the best shut down corners in the league.
Does a shut down corner matter with Brown?

Cash....maybe stay away......but looks like a great tment play at lower ownership than normal.

ExperiencedRookie

Does a shut down corner matter with Brown?

Cash....maybe stay away......but looks like a great tment play at lower ownership than normal.
You're right, it probably matters less with Brown than anyone else. My thing is why pay the premium dollar for Antonio when he has one of his tougher matchups of the season?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'll share my main line ups when I build them...and my short list.

I also play CFB on fanpicks and get those done first.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Narrowing down my QB list (where I usually start)

Still considering
Rivers
Carr
Winston
Bradford
Ryan

Will also toss a wild dart at Cutler...just an odd guy feeling on him this week.

Will try to narrow the top group down to 3.

ExperiencedRookie

When I look at a guy like Carr, I ask myself "how many fantasy points will he have by the 3rd quarter when it's 24-7?"

At that point, he probably doesn't figure to add on much more.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
When I look at a guy like Carr, I ask myself "how many fantasy points will he have by the 3rd quarter when it's 24-7?"

At that point, he probably doesn't figure to add on much more.
But he could also just as easy go 250 and 4 or 5 in the first 1/2 And win u a tment.

Remember with me...i play very little cash games. Some 10 - 100 man tment and the rest medium size tments.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reports say that they are not concerned about his ability to play this week but that he does have some sort of problem going on with the knee. Huh?