Camp news....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
:eek:

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon went to rehab two months ago.

Gordon's last reinstatement bid was denied but he's hoping his stint in rehab will win over Roger Goodell. Per Cole, Gordon is hoping to be reinstated by late September. Fantasy owners obviously can't count on that, but it does make Gordon an interesting stash at the end of drafts. The once-dominant 26-year-old hasn't played an NFL down since 2014.

Source: Jason Cole on Twitter

:eek:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Corey Davis (hamstring) is expected to miss the entire preseason.

Davis has been shut down since going down in early August. Coach Mike Mularkey said he was on track to play in the preseason finale, but the Titans don't want to risk a setback. Davis' Week 1 status remains up in the air.

Source: titansonline.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Colts coach Chuck Pagano declined to name a starting quarterback after Saturday's preseason dress rehearsal against the Steelers.

"They both moved the offense and did a good job," he said of Scott Tolzien and Stephen Morris. Pagano continues to leave the door open for Morris, though Tolzien remains the odds-on favorite to start against the Rams in Week 1.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
According to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi, the Dolphins are "seriously" listening to any trade offers involving Jarvis Landry.

Per Lombardi, the Dolphins are "not going to re-sign" Landry to an extension after the season, and they are intent on turning over the passing-game focal point reins to DeVante Parker, evidenced by Parker's No. 1 wideout usage during the preseason. Landry is good at football, but he is a limited-athlete slot-only receiver whom Dolphins coaches believed held back the offense in previous years. Still, we suspect the Fins would at least would a second-round pick in return, and we suspect few if any teams would be willing to pay that price for a capped-ceiling slot receiver.

Source: Mike Lombardi on Twitter

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow, just wow...I can think NE or some other Wr needy team...chicago? Might really step up here. I would LOVE to see him in Philly to go with Jeffery and co.

ExperiencedRookie

Wow, just wow...I can think NE or some other Wr needy team...chicago? Might really step up here. I would LOVE to see him in Philly to go with Jeffery and co.
I'd love to see a guy like Landry land in Seattle. I think he'd make that passing offense nearly incoverable

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
C.J. Prosise (groin) returned to Seahawks practice on Monday.

Coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls (ankle) could be back on Tuesday.

Corey Davis TEN WR took part in the walk through practice with the team today. Maybe he is getting closer.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Matthew Stafford signs HUGE Deal - now the highest paid player in NFL - $50 million signing bonus - $92 million guaranteed, 5 year deal. Ave salary for those 5 years - $27 Million per year.

Yikes - the wailing and crying you are hearing now are from the Saints and the Redskins as they see their QB situations about to be blown up.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Browns are "aggressively trying to trade" CB Joe Haden.

I would think they can find an interested partner if they aren't seeking the moon.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk believes there is a "very good chance" Ezekiel Elliott plays Week 1.

Elliott's appeal will be heard on Tuesday morning with a decision likely to come in the next week. If the decision does not go his way, Florio believes Elliott will take the case to court, seeking an injunction which allows him to play while the legal situation shakes out. Of course, doing so would make it possible he misses late-season and even potentially playoff games instead of the first six. Even with the appeal today, this saga is far from over.

Some thoughts on this. First, were I the team I would much rather him do his time at the start of the season rather than risk losing him in a potential playoff chase. Maybe the league will offer to shorten the suspension if he does not take them to court, Maybe! Second he will lose his court case and there's no question at all about that. The case will not be about his guilt or innocence but rather does the commissioner have the power to suspend him under the collective bargaining agreement and that was upheld in deflate-gate when Tom Brady of all people failed to getit over turned. Third Goodell could choose to place him on the exempt list if he files in court and cause him to miss every game this year until the case is over in court. Fourth the young brat should take his medicine, serve his time, and grow the heck up.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs doesn't believe Victor Cruz has a very good chance of making the Bears' 53-man roster.

Cruz is far more name than game at this point in his career. Turning 31 this winter, he simply doesn't have it anymore after numerous injuries. Cruz has lost more than a step and was running with the third-team offense in the third preseason game. Even with Cameron Meredith (knee) done for the year, there still isn't room for Cruz. Kendall Wright is the No. 1 slot receiver.

Source: Chicago Tribune

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official website reports John Ross (knee) is expected to miss a "couple weeks."

It doesn't sound overly serious, but it's just another injury in a long line of them for this year's No. 9 overall pick.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Steelers re-signed RB Le'Veon Bell to a one-year, $12.12 million contract.

As Bell said he would, he shows up the Friday following the preseason finale to sign his franchise tender, ending his summer holdout.