Camp news....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
As I said elsewhere dude is/was a product of the system.

LeGarrette Blount rushed five times for eight yards in the Eagles' second preseason game Thursday night.

He also lost a fumble. Blount's tenure with the Eagles has gotten off to a rough start. He's missed a number of practices for a couple of different reasons and hasn't performed when on the field. Through two preseason games, Blount has rushed nine times for 17 yards (1.89 YPC) with the lost fumble. He also hasn't stood out in practices. While Blount may seem like a value pick in mid-to-late rounds of drafts, it's critical to remember he's no longer in New England's offense, which is the only place he's had success in his career. He's also a timeshare back.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Eric Ebron (hamstring) has missed every practice this week.

Ebron briefly returned to practice last Friday ahead of the Lions' preseason opener in which he didn't play. It was expected Ebron would build on that this week, but he's again been a spectator. Ebron hurt his hamstring on the first day of camp and has missed all but one practice since. If the breakout is going to happen, Ebron needs to get his health straight after an injury-riddled 2016.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran believes Chad Henne will be the Jaguars' Week 1 starter against the Texans.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Watched part of that game. Bortles was awful. Henne threw two nice would have been TD passes that were dropped. One by a rookie and one by Robinson.
I think Bortles is hurt, he was given time off due to "tired arm" I think he has an arm or shoulder issue and they are trying to get through it, but he looks absolutely awful

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said it's "impossible to say" if Doug Martin will be the starter when he returns from suspension.

efactor

Coming at you
Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said it's "impossible to say" if Doug Martin will be the starter when he returns from suspension.

And I find it "impossible" to believe that statement. Of course he will start. Who's gonna beat him out? Not Rodgers or Sims.

efactor

Coming at you
Man, Wilson looked great last night against the Vikings #1s. Starting to warm up to him and Baldwin despite my dislike of that team.

They did lose their starting LT to what looked like a major injury (air cast on leg and carted off) so that can't help.

Lacy looked good on a couple runs and bad on others. Looks slow but if he can get some momentum, he ran hard. Just not feeling it with him this year even at his reduced price.

Bradford looked good. More downfield looks and was locked into Diggs. Nothing came Theilens way. Cook looks like the real deal too. Some nice runs against the Seattle starters and looks smooth catching the ball. May have to actually look at drafting a rookie RB this year in my redrafts coming up.

efactor

Coming at you
Read somewhere this morning that Fant (LT) is done for the year. ACL :sad:

Saw that right after I posted above. Not surprised as they put him on the cart and all his teammates were coming over to console him. Just a case of bad luck. Britt came over to help out, got tangled up and rolled into Fant. Their OL is bad anyway and this will hurt a lot. Joekel may have to move to LT and he was awful there.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
According to Matt Lombardo of NJ Advance Media, "it wouldn't be surprising" if LeGarrette Blount is among the Eagles' cuts.

Phicinfan

Administrator
end of week 2 games injuries:
NYG are somewhat snake bit - Marshall goes down with shoulder injury, still to be determined how severe, and OBJ avoids huge issue after big hit and has sprained ankle. More on that later this week as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Savage named starting Qb in Houston, Siemian in Denver and Cle will name Qb tomorrow per HC.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest moves:
D.Kizer has been named starting QB......for this thursday's game. But expectation is if he plays well he will be the starter.
Seattle is getting impatient with Prosise, and wonder if he is able to keep healthy and contribute.......not good
Michael Bowie OT for NYG has been released in the latest NFL Lucky Whitehead moves - he was charged with domestic violence. Giants basically said info is just gathering, but if he is cleared he might end up back......so much for innocent until proven guilty.
Jets on why McCown has not gotten more work rather than Hackenberg or Petty - he knows what he is doing, we are giving more time to the other guys....YIKES.