Camp news....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
New Bills WR Jordan Matthews is "week to week" with a "chip fracture in his sternum."

That's good news for Zay Jones owners as the kid could be their WR 1 when the season opens.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ravens signed QB Thad Lewis.

Dustin Vaughan was waived in a corresponding move. The Ravens are just shuffling camp arms with Joe Flacco (back) expected to miss the entire preseason, but another quarterback not named Colin Kaepernick signing with the team will certainly raise the ire of many.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ian Rapoport reports Marqise Lee suffered a high-ankle sprain Sunday.

The injury usually comes with a 4-6 week recovery timetable, making the receiver questionable for Week 1.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Devonta Freeman RB | ATL
Falcons' Devonta Freeman: In concussion protocol
by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Freeman missed Monday's practice while in concussion protocol and will not play in Sunday's preseason game against the Steelers, ESPN's Vaughn McClure reports.
Freeman was forced into an early exit from Sunday's session, which left his absence Monday in need of clarification.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yeah, me too, really interested in how well the O-line protects him

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ryan Mathews (neck) has been medically cleared.

Okay now how quick will they be to cut him and his $4M cap hit? Who will want him?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pretty darn quick. cbssports.com

After passing a physical Tuesday, Mathews (neck) was released by the Eagles, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
The move will save the Eagles $4 million in salary cap space, with free agent addition LeGarrette Blount poised to head the team's 2017 backfield. Now that he's been cleared following offseason surgery to address a herniated disk in his neck, Mathews will look to catch on elsewhere. There are several teams in need of running back depth, but first Mathews will need to re-prove his health/conditioning in order to be in a position to make a run for a starting job, wherever he lands.

efactor

Coming at you
Pretty darn quick. cbssports.com

After passing a physical Tuesday, Mathews (neck) was released by the Eagles, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
The move will save the Eagles $4 million in salary cap space, with free agent addition LeGarrette Blount poised to head the team's 2017 backfield. Now that he's been cleared following offseason surgery to address a herniated disk in his neck, Mathews will look to catch on elsewhere. There are several teams in need of running back depth, but first Mathews will need to re-prove his health/conditioning in order to be in a position to make a run for a starting job, wherever he lands.

I wonder if the Giants will take a look? Perkins and not much else. Vareen good in passing game but not an inside runner.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
File this under Non-Camp News.

Speaking Thursday, commissioner Roger Goodell said reinstating suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon is "not under active consideration."

"At least hasn't made it to my desk," Goodell clarified.

efactor

Coming at you
File this under Non-Camp News.

Speaking Thursday, commissioner Roger Goodell said reinstating suspended Browns WR Josh Gordon is "not under active consideration."

"At least hasn't made it to my desk," Goodell clarified.

I know he is a knucklehead, but the guy has been punished plenty enough for what he did. Let him play................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Thomas Rawls will miss Friday's preseason game with a "minor" ankle issue.

Eddie Lacy will start in his place. Rawls has been running ahead of Lacy with the first-team offense for over a week, but this gives Lacy a big opportunity to move back out in front.