Your "will be drafted WAY to high for me" list

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You know these players. Guys that you necessarily won't touch, but you realize they are going to go MUCH higher than you would be willing to draft them. So who make the list this year?

Will add more, but here are a couple off the top of my head:
QB: Matthew Stafford - This is in NO WAY a dig on the talent, but I still don't love early QB's and having to spend a late 2nd for a guy who I still have serious durability concerns about and I will pass. 2 rounds later in the 4th rd area....then I'd look, but no way I'm making my 2nd pick Stafford.
RB: DeMarco Murray - Seen this play out way too many times in the past. Young RB explodes onto the scene in limited action one year, hype train starts and all of a sudden he is a late 1st round/early 2nd guy......Shonn Greene ring a bell? Being a Cowboy will all but guarantee he will be over-drafted. I'll stay away at the first turn where he will go.
WR: Mike Wallace - This pick was tough as I do like Wallace and for the most part, a lot of the WR's are being drafted at their correct values. I add Wallace to this list b/c I am afraid of his contract situation. Is he mature enough to put it behind him and preform? If he can, his 4th rd cost could be a value......BUT, I'm just not sure he is. I see this being a cloud that hangs over him all year making him this years D Jackson. He slides a little and I may look, but in the 4th I am passing.
TE: Vernon Davis - Other TE's I like more in that end of 5th early 6th area than Davis.
Defense: Any defense before the 12th rd!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jamaal Charles- Too small to be an every down back and serious competition for the pigskin.

Jason Whitten- Drafted as an elite TE and he shouldn't be. Lots of WR's wanting the ball in Dallas and not enough TD's to be elite.

Schaub- Too many injuries and too much RB talent for him to be in the top 7 QB's.

Andre Johnson- Yeah the "stud". Ranked as high as 2nd among WR's. You gotta stay on the field if I'm taking you that high.
Vincient Jackson- Not enough QB for his ranking

Michael Turner- Still being drafted as a top 10 RB and I can't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjtweeks

Darren McFadden- Every year there is high hopes and every year someone gets dissapointed

Gronk and Graham- way to rich for my taste

Wes Welker- could be proven wrong on this one but again will go to high for my taste

San Fran Def- of course someone will pick them ridiculously high in most leagues. They are good but not a good deal to me

cctekguy

Staff member
Roddy White and Julio Jones are ranked at 3:06 and 3:07 respectively. I don't see enough balls being thrown in Atlanta's balanced offense to justify this.

Certainly either one of them could justify their 8th WR overall pick, but not both of them.

Rather than try to guess which one, I'd let them both slip by in the 3rd.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Roddy White and Julio Jones are ranked at 3:06 and 3:07 respectively. I don't see enough balls being thrown in Atlanta's balanced offense to justify this.

Certainly either one of them could justify their 8th WR overall pick, but not both of them.

Rather than try to guess which one, I'd let them both slip by in the 3rd.
Was thinking the same thing when I was looking at the ADP's last night.....couldn't guess which one to avoid, but just avoiding the guessing game may be the best strategy.