Which Qb is the best fit....where?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Latest updates......
Tannehill - stays in Tenn.
Mariota - goes to Oakland
Brady - Not staying in N.E. - getting offers from Tampa Bay and Los Angeles Chargers
Prescott - FT by Dallas
Brees - Has 2 year $50 million deal with them
T. Hill - got 1st round tender from N.O.
Keenum - signed by Cleveland to back up Mayfield
T. Bridgewater - 3 year $60 million to go to Carolina
Cam - ?????????
Dalton- ????????
Rivers - ????????

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest updates......
Prescott - FT by Dallas
T. Bridgewater - 3 year $63 million to go to Carolina
Rivers - IND for 1 year $25 million
Brady - TB - contract unknown and not confirmed
Cam - ?????????
Dalton- ????????
Winston - assuming Brady is with Tampa-??????

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
As the Qb wheel turns....
Prescott - FT by Dallas
T. Bridgewater - 3 year $63 million to go to Carolina
Rivers - IND for 1 year $25 million
Brady - TB - rumored to be $30 million a year
Foles - traded to Bears for 4th round pick
Cam - ?????????
Dalton- ????????
Winston - assuming Brady is with Tampa-??????

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, so where do we stand....

Right now three teams have Qb issues...

Patriots - have last year's rookie Stidham, but not much else
Chargers - have Tyrod Taylor, but not much else
Bengals - have Dalton, but all reports have him being let go to make room for rookie
Jaguars - have Minshew - need a vet to support?

Qbs available:
Jameis Winston - Just don't see him in N.E. with his penchant to throw INTs. Maybe Chargers or Jags or Pittsburgh?
Cam Newton - Panthers just spent $63 million on Bridgewater, so he is gone... Chargers, Patriots or Jags? Steelers for Big Ben protection?
Andy Dalton - Patriots feel like the move here, IF they want a vet. Chargers also makes sense, but they may want to just go with Tyrod and draft a young Qb. I wonder is this ends up being a draft day trade depending on how things go.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Now we have the waiting game. I don't think anyone will trade for Cam Newton or Andy Dalton. Nor will anyone sign Jameis Winston til those other two are released.

My guess is, they will both eventually get released, and then some teams may take a chance to sign them. I would think Jacksonville will probably get one of them.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Drew Brees and his family committed $5 million to the state of Louisiana in 2020

Brees' full statement was as follows: "Brittany and I are committing $5,000,000 to the State of Louisiana in 2020. The priority now is helping our communities get through this tough time. After considerable research and conversations with local organizations, we will be mobilizing our partnerships with Second Harvest Food Bank, Ochsner Health Systems, Walk-Ons, Jimmy Johns, Smalls Sliders and Waitr to prepare and deliver over 10,000 meals per day throughout Louisiana for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need. Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together."

Source: Drew Brees on Twitter

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay some fun things I have heard, that I want to keep in this thread for better tracking....
Bengals DO want a Qb in this draft - but which one? By latest reports Dolphins are trying to deal up for #1 - to get Joe Burrows. I have heard to rumors here - Bengals get 3-4 picks - potentially all 1st rounders before draft - other is deal is for picks but will only happen if Tua is there at #5 (per @mudloggerone )

Saints are supposedly really interested in Love Qb from Utah State - reports say they will develop him BEHIND Taysom Hill - who is supposedly taking over for Brees next year.....

Raiders, Dolphins, Jaguars and a few others have talked to both Hebert and Love. I have Jags taking a Qb at their first pick and now a few other famous Mocks are also - so yeah I am taking credit ;)

Most feel Burrows, Tua and Hebert will be taken in top 10, with Love dropping down, and some have Love over Hebert. That could make for some interesting trades in the 15-20 range.

Also, Jags are seriously interested in Dalton, but won't trade for him, and hope he gets released by Cincy.

Bears have finally admitted today what we all thought, they traded for Foles to compete for starting Qb job, Trubisky is NOT a lock to start.

New England is all in on Stidham.....BUT....they have talked to Love. Uh huh....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Winston to the Big Easy? I think not but there are rumors about.
I am still in the Steelers camp here. He would be great Big Ben protection, and he is young enough that they can hopefully break him from throwing all those picks.

Jags maybe as well, but doubt it with old time coach as HC.

For whatever reason, I don't see the Saints wanting him, too many picks, and bad decisions. Doesn't sound like a choice they would make

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well the Bengals do not need him then.
I don't think he was ever on their radar. I have heard from multiple sites that IF they traded down, they would be more interested in Hebert. I am also seeing more and more teams talking and interested in Hebert and Love than Tua.
I am beginning to think Tua should have stayed at Alabama one more year.

Walter34

Starting to hope more and more that Cincy just stays put. Take Burrow and move on.

Its win win either way imo. They either get 3 or 4 1st rounders and still get the QB of the present \ future with one of them or you get Burrows. It comes down to where you think Burrows is closer to a lock while Tua or Hebert you just aren't interested in.