Week 1 Thursday night football Saints @ Packers official thread

JScott

Administrator
That was a pathetic effort by Ingram... shuffling his feet and dancing before jumping (barely) over the line. :nono1:

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
That was a pathetic effort by Ingram... shuffling his feet and dancing before jumping (barely) over the line. :nono1:

How much better would you react when you see your line completely swallowed by the time you get the ball.

JScott

Administrator
How much better would you react when you see your line completely swallowed by the time you get the ball.

BS. Yes, the NO line was stuffed but then it's up to Ingram to run full speed up their backs. He looked like a wide eyed rookie. Didn't even put his head down and try. Just saw the LBs over the top and halfheartedly tried to leap. As slow as he was moving he should have seen the cluster in front of him and bounced it outside. Pa-the-tic

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
So did anyone else realize how fast Sproles still is and how slow Ryan Grant looked?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oh yeah I survived 2-M, thanks for asking. Graham and Jennings did me proud even if the Saints couldn't get over the hump. Our revamped running game needs some tweeking, lol.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Not bs. You're not wrong either. You could actually see him thinking "eff", then doing what you said.

Not much of a play call for such a maverick coach, especially since their run game was soundly stuffed all night.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Did anyone notice how bad Al Michaels' comb-over was looking? When he turned his head to the right, the light shown throw it like there was nothing there. LOL. I had my computer off for the game so I could enjoy it. I didn't want stat tracker or anything going in the background. A few things I noticed:

1) Saints had to bring Graham in to block a lot. He lined up with the line a lot towards the end of the first half and second half. But Brees also had him running isolate routes two times in the endzone and both plays were going to him and no one else.
2) Ingram, The Frenchman and Sproles looked good as a three-headed monster. Ingram did faulter in the end, but he is a rookie. I would have put in the Frenchman for that one. Trust a vet more than a rookie. Sproles is fast as lightning. Put him in the open field and say goodbye.
3) The Packers have the best receiving core in football.
4) Clay Matthews was in the backfield a lot.
5) Raji looked really good. He was fighting throw double teams all night and still making plays.
6) Ryan Grant is slow. He will lose the job to Starks soon.

JScott

Administrator
Not much of a play call for such a maverick coach, especially since their run game was soundly stuffed all night.
Definitely agree here. I'm wondering if this was a case of coach out guessing himself... "they know that we know it's an obvious running down so we'll likely pass, but they know that so let's double-cross them and run...." :thud: Also, it should have been play action anyway, like the one Graham scored on earlier. On that play GB didn't know if they were coming or going. Then they follow that trickeration up with a straight goalline dive :nono1:

I also agree with n0rm that PT should have been in on that play. Real surprised considering I thought coach had a history of sticking with his vets (RC and I actually talked about just this yesterday).

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yep. Hey Jennings and Graham did me right and folks that's the most important thing in this game. There's 15 more games to play and I never thought the Saints would win them all.

Remote Controller

I also agree with n0rm that PT should have been in on that play. Real surprised considering I thought coach had a history of sticking with his vets (RC and I actually talked about just this yesterday).
I knew Payton would go with his goaline plan....that being Ingram. That is where he needs to quit being soooo mechanical. It was evident to me that Thomas was running harder and would have made sure that ball went 1.5 yards even if he died doing it.

Last edited by a moderator: