Waiver wire help

Dallas Iowa

Cowboy fan
So I'm I'm one of the guys that lost Fred Jackson for a few weeks luckily he's my third back so he was starting at my flex. Now I've put him on I.R. So would you pick up Knowshon Moreno or Jaquizz Rodgers. All ready tried the usual suspects off of the waivers but missed out on all of them.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am not a Moreno fan. I also don't think one game is enough to change my mind. That being said, not sure any rb in ATL is a solid choice, as they seem to be going GreenBayish. No other options for a fill in at RB?

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Go with Rodgers. He is also returning kicks so you may get some add'tl points from that. He is clearly going to be more of a part of a RBBC than Moreno will be so Rodgers should have more opportunities to score pts for you going forward.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Hillman is the RB in Denver with major upside but he's in the doghouse for now mainly for his poor pass blocking. Before the year is done he'll be toting the rock for a decent percentage of carries and will be the man once he gets Manning's confidence that he can pick up the blitz.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Hillman is the RB in Denver with major upside but he's in the doghouse for now mainly for his poor pass blocking. Before the year is done he'll be toting the rock for a decent percentage of carries and will be the man once he gets Manning's confidence that he can pick up the blitz.
Hillman is now the #4 RB in Denver.....I don't think he's going to be fantasy relevant this year without a lot of injuries.

As far as this one goes, neither are any use unless there is an injury. However, Moreneo did get some redzone work this week and scored due to it. Rodgers will never get the redzone work. If Willis goes down, I think Moreneo gets a look as the primary. If Turner goes down, Snelling mixes in much more and Rodgers still plays a similar role. If this is ppr, Rodgers is worth a look due to that, if not, it's Moreneo for me.

cctekguy

Staff member
You're reading my mind tonight, Miller.

Moreno is the clear #2 in Denver with the bonus of being a change of pace back. A McGahee injury would be more significant for Ball than Moreno, though.

All that said, I like Rogers too. Turner appears to be gassed and I don't think Snelling will be the back picking up the slack.

If I were choosing between the 2, I'd choose Rogers on a pass happy Atl. team over Moreno on a Peyton lead "I've never really been a pass to RB kind of guy" Denver team, but it's definitely close.

If you measured strictly rushing yards, I take Moreno.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Moreno on a Peyton lead "I've never really been a pass to RB kind of guy" Denver team,

Actually, go back a little bit and Peyton will use a RB when he has one. James was a pretty dangerous weapon out of the backfield and had 3 seasons of 50 plus receptions with Peyton. Addai had a yr with 51 as well and 2 more with 40 or more. Peyton will use what he has to.

More of a FYI than anything as I don't think it plays a lot into this one, but thought I'd toss that in.