Turner back as the Burner?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Michael Turner conceded that he fell out of shape last offseason.

"I was big in the shoulders and the arms. My face was plump," said Turner, admitting that he didn't do enough conditioning after the 2009 season. Writers covering the team even joked that "Burner" was making a switch to fullback. The sluggishness may well have contributed to his slow start last year. Those covering the team this year have noticed a sleeker Turner, carrying his weight much better.
Source: ESPN.com

Oh how I need MT to return to his Burner ways in my $$ league. What say you Outlaws, do you expect Turner to turn up the heat this season?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think he will have a very good season in 2010. He is a little undervalued right now IMO.

Coachnorm

This is important news for this years drafters, Turner may very well be undervalued.

It was probably more important for last years drafters but it wasn't reported then. :worried3:

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Hard to figure why those fat cheek reports from last year didn't surface until this season Coach.

After his debut season with the Falcons, we were all too busy looking at his stats to notice his face... especially when all we want to see is the back of his head as he charges down field.

Now that he's fallen off his pedestal, I expect him to work hard :flex: and get back on track. As a Turner-Girl I too think he'll be back this season.

cctekguy

Staff member
He'll be in the mix for sure but I wouldn't start the season without a darn good #2. I wouldn't count on Bradshaw for more than your #3.

I could let you have Moreno and Forsett in exchange for your 3rd & 4th round pick.

BearsSB

Turner #1 RB in 2010

Fantasy football FACTOID? The #1 RB in fantasy the last 11 years has either played in or against the AFC and/or NFC West. NFC South plays the NFC West this season. I look for Turner to have some MONSTER games this season. AFC South played the NFC West last season (See: Chris Johnson and MJD)

You heard it here FIRST!!!!!!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I hope this dude is right. Turner leading the way for Barber, McCluster, Choice, Grant, and the guy on the couch in HG sounds good.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,

According to ESPN's John Clayton, the Falcons plan to keep Michael Turner under 300 carries this season.

Last year's emergence of Jason Snelling as a decent alternative makes the idea more realistic, but the Falcons made similar predictions about Turner entering the 2009 season. Turner went on to average 19.5 carries per game in the first eight weeks -- good for a 312-carry pace over 16 games -- before injuries struck. Assuming good health, a similar pace is likely for 2010.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
(cbs.com)Falcons RB Michael Turner, who suffered a high ankle sprain last season, said Friday he didn't feel better until two months ago. "When I first came back in March I still wasn't feeling the same," Turner said. "I kept working on it and got all the soreness and feel fine right now." Turner was asked if he felt he had something to prove after an injury-stricken 2009 campaign. "I have high expectations of myself already so I don't think anyone can add any more pressure than I already have of myself," he said.
Analysis: Turner enters 2010 with the chance to regain the form that made him an elite Fantasy RB following the 2008 season. We like Turner as a No. 1 Fantasy RB, and he should be considered a Top 5 overall selection in standard leagues. He loses some value in leagues where receptions count, but Turner is a definite first-round pick in all formats.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Michael Turner says he is still healing from the high ankle sprain that ruined the second half of his 2009 season.

Turner says he's "90 percent," and can blame the lengthy recovery process that unabashedly kept sending him into games despite a serious, recurring ankle injury. "For me to go back out there and keep repeating it and hurting it over and over again, probably made the healing process a little bit longer," Turner admitted. His odds of rebounding in 2010 remain very strong.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

90%, Good Grief! That's not the news I want to hear from Turner.

Coachnorm

rotoworld,
Michael Turner says he is still healing from the high ankle sprain that ruined the second half of his 2009 season.

Turner says he's "90 percent,"

90%, Good Grief! That's not the news I want to hear from Turner.

I know, I read this and it was like Huh?