Ted Ginn Jr. traded to 49ers

efactor

Coming at you
So what does SF's depth chart look like now? Can Ginn move ahead of someone like Morgan or will he be strictly special teams?

Morgan stays the #2 and Ginn competes with Hill for the slot and of course becomes the main special teams player, which they really needed.

I love this deal. Cheap solution to their crappy return game and could be a decent #3 or #4 receiver who can break a big play.

Now we don't need to address this in the draft. Nice Move..............:xpopcorn:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
great move for SF! give up basically nothing and land a great returner and someone who you can use in situations to stretch the field.

mills

I was praying the Panthers would wake up from their deep sleep and spend a draft pick on this guy... The Panthers have to be the most boring team to follow in the NFL.

Coachnorm

Former First Round Pick WR Ted Ginn Traded To The Niners

Nice Depth and Insurance move for the Niners! Ginn still has some upside and his KR actions will pay the bills. Nice Grab for a Fifth Rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Now that the Fins have a top flight WR in Brandon Marshall the Fins are probably looking at Bess and Camarillo as being more dependable targets along side of Marshall. Ginn has his moments of flash every game but doesn't bring it every play. During the game you will see Ginn 20 yards deep and wide open and will catch a big strike and you are going OMG how did he do that? he has 2-3 very nice plays a game but rarely puts a huge game together.

That being said the Niners look like a good fit, for now. Hopefully, a soon to be emerging Crabtree, Murphy looks interesting but can he remain injury free and improve? So Ginn the occasional big play guy fits in nicely with the current state of the Niners WR corps right now. Ginns' Kick returning skills will add a little zest to the Niners special teams and Ginn is probably worth a fifth round pick just for that.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This was a must move for both. San Fran needed some explosion on the return game...to protect the Rbs they have. It also gives a guy who can shoot straight down the field, take the deep safety with him and open up the passing game for both Davis and Crabtree.

Miami needed a clean break. They now have the #1 wr they desperately needed to help the young Qb, and they have solid wr depth with Camarillo and Bess. If they could get a decent TE...they would be set.

I believe this will start the transition to a more normal offense for Miami. Brown is coming back from injury and I don't think they feel he is going to be fully himself...thus the trade rumors. Ricky isn't an everydown back either. They needed to be able to open up the passing game...and Marshall will do it.

bobbeaux

i think marshall will make bess that much better . . . the connection with henne is already there and is most likely a quick second read . . . hopefully marshall will be willing to share.

not necessarily . . . i was referring more to the point that bess did quite well without anyone drawing coverages away from him.

I'm not trying to bust your chops here. Royal did well his rookie year, but struggled last season even though Marshall was still there - do you think Royal will struggle again this year now that he is gone?

bobbeaux

i'm not sure what to expect from royal this year . . . i didn't watch many denver games, so i'm really not sure if the issues were with royal or orton . . . or a combination.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think we hit on this briefly in another thread. I think Royal and Orton are a poor fit together. Of course now Royal is your most talented WR. What the heck can Denver do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think we hit on this briefly in another thread. I think Royal and Orton are a poor fit together. Of course now Royal is your most talented WR. What the heck can Denver do?
Posted via Mobile Device
they will draft Wr this year. Maybe more than one. Not necessarily in the first round.

I also think McDaniel is reliving his NE experience. Please remember that for alot of NE's success...the best Wr they had was Troy Brown. The rest was just fill ins. Not saying Royal will now be a stud......but then again...who knows?