Super Bowl XLIV Discussion Thread

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
Got some video from my brother of boubon street right after the win...simply amazing. will try to post...he was on a balcony and i dont think i have ever heard something outside that was so loud.

im numb...no words to describe it!!

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Am I the only one who thought this was a somewhat pedestrian Super Bowl, outside of maybe 3-4 plays? Obviously the onside kick and the pick-6 were awesome.. but aside from that, it was kinda lackluster.
Big ups to the Saints though, most importantly their defense which could've collectively received the game MVP. Prototypical bend-but-don't-break performance.

mills

A little disappointing that Porter didn't win the MVP... Brees is deserving but Porter sealed that game for them and was really the only big play of the entire game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Am I the only one who thought this was a somewhat pedestrian Super Bowl, outside of maybe 3-4 plays? Obviously the onside kick and the pick-6 were awesome.. but aside from that, it was kinda lackluster.
Big ups to the Saints though, most importantly their defense which could've collectively received the game MVP. Prototypical bend-but-don't-break performance.
Thought is was a very well played game overall. Didn't have a ton of BIG plays, but two very good teams going at it.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I guess that's what I was getting at. Solid, but not spectacular. Maybe because all the talk for 2 weeks was about a non-stop shootout and the defenses ultimately ruled the day, comparitively speaking.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I suppose that depends on your perspective.

Majorirty had this as a Indy blow out. Some had this as a 34-37 type game where both teams went up and down the field. In either of those cases I could see some disappointed.

to Miller's point though I loved this game. This was a classic game of two excellent Qbs, using what was given, managing the clock, getting points when they needed to. Also you had defense step up and make huge plays when needed. Indy stopping TWO potential Td drives (Sack by Freeney and goal line stand..) and even the Saints with a goal line stand AND a pick 6 to seal the game.

I loved this game. It had it all, good offense, key defense, drama with both Qbs playing their games. Key players making the most of what they could (P.Thomas comes to mind here...).

I loved this game

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Congrats to the Saints for pulling out all the stops especially the the start of 2nd half onside kick which took the wind out of the Colts sails by keeping Manning off the field, that was the deal breaker

DearbornDolfan

Congrats to the Saints for pulling out all the stops especially the the start of 2nd half onside kick which took the wind out of the Colts sails by keeping Manning off the field, that was the deal breaker

Manning pulled a Brady and cracked under pressure. I never thought I'd see the return of rookie!Manning, but damned if I didn't last night.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless

Agreed. We knew the offenses in this game would keep the chains moving. But I thought it was very short sighted of the "shootout predictions" we heard all week, proving again that the trend in Pro Football is to under value the Defenses and over focus on the Offense.

Last night once again we saw proof that Defenses win Championships. Colts D looked great first half, but the Saints took control and in classic NFC South style.... ran away with the game!!