Sith Lord of T&A
SB44.gif

Sunday, February 7, 2010 - Sun Life Stadium - Miami, FL - 6:25 PM ET

ind.gif
Indianapolis Colts (16-2) - American Football Conference Champions

versus

nor.gif
New Orleans Saints (15-3) - National Football Conference Champions

Indianapolis opens this morning as a 4 point favorite. Discuss the game here.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzXDtq1DBU"]YouTube- Party in the MIA[/ame]

Another version

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSnmaG74O0E"]YouTube- Party in The USA MIA Saints[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUBB1lOLD6k"]YouTube- Welcome to Miami Will Smith[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull

I think it's more of the same for Indy. They'll adjust at half time and win the second half. The Saints, however, have the firepower to jump on Indy early and if Indy falls too far behind, winning the second half may not be good enough. Also, I'm not sure Indy's defensive halftime adjustments will work against the Saints offense. Having said that, I don't see Indy turning the ball over 5 times like the Vikes. I think it comes down to 2 things. Can the Saints D slow down the Colts at all? How well do Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush play. They should have openings since the Colts shouldn't be able to stack the box like they did against the Ravens and Jets. In the end I think the Colts win because of Manning's time management at the end of the game, but I think this will be the shoot out everyone is hoping for.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
New Orleans wont match up well at all with Indy's offensive weapons. Comes down to how well Thomas and Bush play.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
What I love is the way this has set up...

Warner prepared us for Farve

Warner and Farve prepared us for Manning

Viks defense prepared us for anyone's defense

I seriously dont think the OL is gonna see anything near what they saw yesterday and I think they did pretty damn well. Brees should feel really comfortable unless I missed something.

Also, I think the Saints will play much better having the underdog role...definitely more relaxed than if they were the favorites

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sorry, no one can prepare you for what Manning does, not even Warner and Favre IMO.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
I think the Colts score within the 1st minute of the game. The winner of the game is the team with the last possession... for some reason, I see a Manning game winning drive scoring a TD to win by 3 with less than 20 seconds on the clock driving a dagger in my heart.

but im picking the Saints by 3 :koolaid:

Jetdoc

I think the Saints' tale of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde comes back to bite them in the Superbowl since it isn't in the Superdome.

I'm fairly confident that the Colts will win this game.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
btw...i woke up this morning and yes, pigs were still flying, hell is still frozen over, and ESPN is still reporting that the Saints are in the Super Bowl.

I think it's more of the same for Indy. They'll adjust at half time and win the second half. The Saints, however, have the firepower to jump on Indy early and if Indy falls too far behind, winning the second half may not be good enough. Also, I'm not sure Indy's defensive halftime adjustments will work against the Saints offense. Having said that, I don't see Indy turning the ball over 5 times like the Vikes. I think it comes down to 2 things. Can the Saints D slow down the Colts at all? How well do Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush play. They should have openings since the Colts shouldn't be able to stack the box like they did against the Ravens and Jets. In the end I think the Colts win because of Manning's time management at the end of the game, but I think this will be the shoot out everyone is hoping for.

The Jets should not have been able to keep that game as close as they did against Indy but they did. Garcon and Collie are not going to be surprising the Saints who took on a much tougher team in the Vikings so I am not about to consider this as more of the same for the Colts.

Just like the NO - Vikings game the Super Bowl should go down to the wire and either team is equally capable of walking away with the win.

mills

The Jets should not have been able to keep that game as close as they did against Indy but they did. Garcon and Collie are not going to be surprising the Saints who took on a much tougher team in the Vikings so I am not about to consider this as more of the same for the Colts.

Just like the NO - Vikings game the Super Bowl should go down to the wire and either team is equally capable of walking away with the win.

I just don't know if NO can match up with Manning and his weapons. they can pick who they want to double team and he will just pick the other side of the field apart. Everyone on the colt's offense are a receiving threat and Manning will find the one that's open.

cctekguy

Staff member
The way this season has gone, I think it's a mistake to apply logic and knowledge to your predictions.

Saints will win because they are not the best team and they have no chance.

Bookies all over Las Vegas will be smiling.

Mike

Administrator
I really hope that the Saints can win this thing. I could care less about their history, could care less about how the teams match up.

I am still pissed that the Colts gave the middle finger to the fans, the people who pay the salaries for every NFL team, and ignored a shot of making history.

For the next couple weeks, I am a big Saints Fan. ( but that will end immediately after the Super Bowl :) )

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
It's Super Bowl Sunday baby!!

I still think Indy is going to pull this one out. The Freeney factor will be big, but I think the Colts will adjust and Manning will find a way. This should be a very entertaining game.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Its the best match up in recent SB history, the Colts may or may not beat the point spread but will find a way to win SB 44 in a close shootout.

Colts win by 10pts