so....Miami, San Fran....what to do at Qb now?!?!!?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Miami - you went full boar on both Manning and Flynn only to find out no one wants to play for you. Your reward for this hard work? A.Smith? Tannehill in the draft?

Mr. harbaugh....you wanted to dabble in manning, you lost. you added great pieces. Is the young Qb ready? Are you ready to overpay A.Smith after dissing him?

Oh, and of course Hasselbeck isn't available now....as Tenn. lost out on Manning.

Soooooo.....what ya gonna do?

:biglaugh:

xqj47alpha

Banned
Why should Smith feel dissed?
Because his team thought PM a better qb?

On the other hand, it does give Alex room to question his pregame shoulder/helmet slapping ritual with Big Jim.
How much is hyperbole and how much is real confidence.

Smith finally approached his potential again (remember how well he played for Norv?).

And has market value.
He could go to Miami and start the circle all over again.
Or he can stay in SF and be that QB who doesn't make the mistakes no one is asking him to make.

Considering how much Alex was paid from his contract as the first pick in the draft, his next contract will be for peanuts, regardless of where he goes.

In conclusion, if you bothered to read this far, Phicin is right.
SF may have pushed Alex too far.

xqj47alpha

Banned
gizzil, if you're talking about Smith, then I think you have a solid point, and he's all but a fin, a Sasquatch Penguin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that the 49ers' offer of $24 million over three years to free agent Alex Smith remains on the table.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Eww,this is bad. He walked away from it earlier, can he come back begging again? Jeez I hope this kid smith has more pride than that.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Eww,this is bad. He walked away from it earlier, can he come back begging again? Jeez I hope this kid smith has more pride than that.

I am hoping The Dolphins come close to matching the deal. With Florida's lack of income tax, he will still come out ahead.

efactor

Coming at you
I was hoping they were going to take the 3 years off the table. Kapernick will be starting by next year at the latest and Smith becomes an expensive back up.

I would like to see them trade for Hass. Titans would probably let him go for a 4th rounder with Locker in the wings. Give them a better chance to win this year and they aren't stuck with a contract when it's Kapernick time.

What a massive drop in expectation from yesterday when I was certain than Manning was coming to SF. Thank god they have a great defense to carry them...........

xqj47alpha

Banned
I was hoping they were going to take the 3 years off the table. Kapernick will be starting by next year at the latest and Smith becomes an expensive back up.

I would like to see them trade for Hass. Titans would probably let him go for a 4th rounder with Locker in the wings. Give them a better chance to win this year and they aren't stuck with a contract when it's Kapernick time.

What a massive drop in expectation from yesterday when I was certain than Manning was coming to SF. Thank god they have a great defense to carry them...........
You were drinking some top of the mark cool-aid then, because not even the most hopeful could imagine PM would play for Big Jim in the NFC.

Or maybe you just wanted to hear/dream of the possibility

and what's this Kapernick? all of the sudden the Niners have two starting qb's?
really

not directed with hostility, just trying to write my mind