20. Nebraska Cornhuskers
21. Iowa Hawkeyes
22. Oregon Ducks
23. South Florida Bulls
24. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Stanford Cardinal

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I thought long and hard about this weeks poll. Normally Im not one to speak on the voting, but this week almost compels one too. I have no idea how this will turn out with the AP and USA poll.

1. Florida Gators
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Alabama Crimson Tide
These three teams remain as is. Florida, Texas, and Alabama all did exactly what they were supposed to do. Of these three, I feel Florida is in the most precarious position. Texas and Alabama could continue winning without their QBs. Florida would be in real trouble.

4. Boise State Broncos
5. Virginia Tech Hokies
6. Ohio State Buckeyes
This is where it begins to get dicey. These three land at 4-6 almost by default. Boise State may be high, but they remain undefeated and the win over Oregon looks better by the week. VTs only loss at current is to the #3 team in the country. Ohio State has looked dominant the last couple weeks in pitching shutouts, regardless of the competition thats tough to do.

7. LSU Tigers
8. TCU Horned Frogs
9. Oklahoma Sooners
10. Cincinnati Bearcats
11. Houston Cougars
12. Oklahoma State Cowboys

LSU doesnt go down much for an ugly win against lowly Miss St, but they dont deserve to move up. We will find out soon enough if they are paper tigers. TCUs defense has smothered the competition and the offense is finding enough to get it done. OU, much like 4-6, moves up by simply lying in the weeds this week. Oklahoma St is another team floating up due to the misfortune of others. Houston has proven its the 3rd best team in the Big 12 South. The Cougars are on pace to crack the top 10 next week. Cincinnati has looked very good so far, and won a tough game against Fresno St this week.

13. USC Trojans
14. Kansas Jayhawks
15. Brigham Young Cougars
16. Miami Hurricanes
17. Penn State Nittany Lions
USC might end up in the Top 10 in the real polls, but I refuse to reward a team that only won 27-6 against one of the top 5 worst teams in football. Make no mistake about it folks, USC is in real trouble. Kansas is yet another team who benifits from upward mobility, much like BYU. Miami is still a good football team who got their asses kicked in bad weather by a hungrier team. Penn State is not as bad as they looked last night, but getting beatdown at home on live TV gets you moved down 12 spots.

18. Georgia Bulldogs
19. Michigan Wolverines
20. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I dont know what I think of these three. Nebraska has won the Sun Belt to go with a heartbreaking 1 point loss to VT. Georgia has been plodding along. Michigans offense looks pretty good, but that defense needs to get better in a hurry. Shameful performance.

21. Iowa Hawkeyes

22. Oregon Ducks
23. South Florida Bulls
Welcome to the Top 25 guys. Iowa is undefeated and improving every week. They do not have the offense to win the conference, but they are a pretty solid team. Oregon has looked impressive since the MMA Bowl loss to Boise St. First they end Utahs winning streak, then follow it up with yesterdays sodomy of then #6 California. South Florida has worked long and hard to be a player, and they finally have that signature in state win they needed. I need to see more from the Bulls, but for this week your in.

24. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Stanford Cardinal
So many who could fill these slots, but I go with the solid running attacks of Georgia Tech and Stanford, both of whom whipped lower end top 25 squads last week.

Where are these teams?
Notre Dame - Notre Dame will not appear in my Top 25 until they win a game that matters. This team is as unimpressive as a 3-1 squad can be.
California - You do not get sexually abused on live TV by 38 points and stay ranked. No soup for you!
Boston College - Need to see a little more guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I like your top 25 Sarge, but damn maybe your giving to much love to USC. I feel they should drop a few more spots to maybe 15 or 16. Other than that i mostly agree with the other positions.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I like your top 25 Sarge, but damn maybe your giving to much love to USC. I feel they should drop a few more spots to maybe 15 or 16. Other than that i mostly agree with the other positions.

Im not happy with where they are either, but this is such a damn goat rope this week.......

I really felt 13-23 were all interchangeable....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Here is a comparison so far between who is ranked in my poll this week and my preseason poll.

Week 5 Rank..................Preseason Rank
1. Florida Gators.........................1
2. Texas Longhorns.....................2
3. Alabama Crimson Tide..............6
4. Boise State Broncos................16
5. Virginia Tech Hokies.................7
6. Ohio State Buckeyes................5
7. LSU Tigers.............................10
8. TCU Horned Frogs...................17
9. Oklahoma Sooners...................4
10. Cincinnati Bearcats................NR
11. Houston Cougars...................NR
12. Oklahoma State Cowboys.......15
13. USC Trojans..........................3
14. Kansas Jayhawks..................22
15. Brigham Young Cougars..........24
16. Miami Hurricanes...................NR
17. Penn State Nittany Lions.........9
18. Georgia Bulldogs....................12
19. Michigan Wolverines...............NR
20. Nebraska Cornhuskers.............21
21. Iowa Hawkeyes.....................20
22. Oregon Ducks.......................11
23. South Florida Bulls..................NR
24. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets....13
Stanford Cardinal...................NR

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Scary that if things fell right you could have Texas vs Boise St for the national championship...... oh the BCS horror.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm not feeling much love for my Tigers in your poll Sarge but to be honest I agree with where you placed them. They'll have the chance to earn their way close to the top if they are legit. I'm not expecting that from what I've seen so far. This weeks game with Georgia on the road will tell me a bit more about this years class of Bengals. We owe Georgia an asp whoopin' on a massive scale if we're able to deliver.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I'm not feeling much love for my Tigers in your poll Sarge but to be honest I agree with where you placed them. They'll have the chance to earn their way close to the top if they are legit. I'm not expecting that from what I've seen so far. This weeks game with Georgia on the road will tell me a bit more about this years class of Bengals. We owe Georgia an asp whoopin' on a massive scale if we're able to deliver.

LSU goes 2-0 against Georgia and Florida and I would likely have seen enough to move them to 2. Right now its a crapshoot.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If we go 2-0 against Georgia and Florida then Alabama should be winnable and the Tigers will be your national champions yet again. I DO NOT see that happening.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
If we go 2-0 against Georgia and Florida then Alabama should be winnable and the Tigers will be your national champions yet again. I DO NOT see that happening.

Ya gotta keep the faith Mud....

I've read alot of good things said by LSU fans before and after the LSU/Washington game, and many Husky fans are pulling for the Tigers this year....including myself..