20. Oklahoma State Cowboys
21. Arizona Wildcats
22. California Golden Bears
23. Wisconsin Badgers
24. Brigham Young Cougars
25. South Florida Bulls

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Alabama was off. For this week Texas looks like the best team in the country to me. Next week it will change again I can assure you.

I believe this is put up or shut up time for the LSU Tigers. Lets see who wants it more between them and Alabama.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They dont belong, not until I see a win against a good team.

I believe these teams are better:
18. Virginia Tech Hokies
19. Oklahoma Sooners
20. Oklahoma State Cowboys
21. Arizona Wildcats
22. California Golden Bears
23. Wisconsin Badgers
24. Brigham Young Cougars
25. South Florida Bulls

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I expect you to jump the Tigers the way you dropped them with our loss when we make Nickey wish he'd 'ave never went to Florida.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ten is on par. You won 42-0 this week, but you did it at home against lowly Tulane. I told you when you got dropped you would work your way up to about this point.

You beat Alabama and youll jump up to around 4 or 5. Like I said, this is the week LSU better bring it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I expect you to jump the Tigers the way you dropped them with our loss when we make Nickey wish he'd 'ave never went to Florida.

You won a national championship without him and are trying to contend for one right now. You cant tell me you would trade that title for Saban.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You're right, I wouldn't want him back. I would like to whoop him this weekend though.

That's it for me this morning. ON the roaqd to a short job just east of Houston. See y'all tonight.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
According to the polls, Sarge does a pretty good job of ranking the teams.

Ok so here is the rebuttal. I know that you can't be a hater just missing out on some facts. ;)

Wisconsin: September 5 Northern Illinois W 28-20 1-0 (0-0)
September 12 Fresno State W 34-31 2-0 (0-0)
September 19 Wofford W 44-14 3-0 (0-0)
September 26 Michigan State W 38-30 4-0 (1-0)
October 3 at Minnesota W 31-28 5-0 (2-0)
October 10 at No. 9 Ohio State L 31-13 5-1 (2-1)
October 17 No. 11 Iowa L 20-10 5-2 (2-2)
October 31 Purdue W 37-0 6-2 (3-2)

They didn't beat anyone. At all. Most of the teams are the same as ND

Arizona: 9/05 Central Michigan 1-0 (0-0) W 19-6
9/12 Northern Arizona 2-0 (0-0) W 34-17
9/19 @ Iowa 2-1 (0-0) L 27-17
9/26 @ Oregon State 3-1 (1-0) W 37-32
10/10 @ Washington 3-2 (1-1) L 36-33
10/17 Stanford 4-2 (2-1) W 43-38
10/24 UCLA 5-2 (3-1) W 27-13

Loss to Washington who ND beat that right there jumps ND over them plus one less win

There are two right off the bat that ND is better then

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They have similar records against tougher schedules. Your team is 6-2 with many of those victories nailbiters against questionable competition.

You make a compelling argument, but its not enough for me to rank your team. NDs schedule is a joke most years, but I will say your guys have a chance to impress me enough to rank them the next two weeks.

Navy has a good football team. Id like to see how big your guys win. Then you get to go against Pitt. Lets see what they do. Go 2-0 in impressive fashion against that and at 8-2 I could see ranking the Irish.

I know you have a blind love for your boys, but I want to see more. Id like proof they wont get the required 9 wins, screw a more deserving team out of a BCS birth, and then get drilled by 4 TDs.

I need to see this team can win when it matters. Right now they cant do that. To me Notre Dame is a good football team with a weak defense. Clausen is having a good season for sure, but I can rattle off a laundry list of QBs who can put up similar numbers against that competition.

Your guys gave Washington State an asswhipping in fashion a ranked team should. Your team also has nearly been and likely should have been burned several times.

More lucky than good? I dont know.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
Alabama was off. For this week Texas looks like the best team in the country to me. Next week it will change again I can assure you.

I believe this is put up or shut up time for the LSU Tigers. Lets see who wants it more between them and Alabama.

Put up or shut up for LSU??? I dont think LSU has been talking too much this season except to question why they fail to play to their potential (offensively) week after week.

I think you have them exactly where they belong in your pole and almost think they have done nothing to actually earn that spot except not lose.

On the other hand, I do think it is put up or shut up for the bammers...all the pressure is on them at this point.

oh, and ND couldnt hold anyone in your top 25 (and at least 5 other teams) jocks...except in the minds of domer homers and the media (and spittin lou)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Bengal: I appreciate the commentary. If you read back, there has been debate regarding my ranking of LSU. This is where the put up or shut up. came from. I look forward to the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

catman

Baseball "Expert"
With Notre Dame's loss to Navy and Iowa's loss to Northwestern, the top 25 will look a bit different next week.
Any word on how serious Ricky Stanzi's injury is yet?