Sarge's Preseason Top 25

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Louisiana State[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Alabama[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Stanford[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Oklahoma[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Oregon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Florida State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. TexasA&M[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Boise State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Oklahoma State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. MichiganState[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11. Wisconsin[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12. South Carolina[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13. TCU[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14. Virginia Tech[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]15. Nebraska[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16. Ohio State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17. Auburn[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18. Arkansas[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19. MississippiState[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20. Notre Dame[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21. Penn State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22. Arizona State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23. Missouri[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24. West Virginia[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25. Texas[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/SIZE]

Safe to say it is not going to happen - not not not

(I will not let it)

ND is good for college football. Just let them win one championship this year and I can promise you won't hear from them or the Domer Homers for the next 50. Deal?

Remote Controller

[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Louisiana State[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Alabama[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Stanford[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Oklahoma[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Oregon[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Florida State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. TexasA&M[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Boise State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Oklahoma State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. MichiganState[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11. Wisconsin[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12. South Carolina[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13. TCU[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14. Virginia Tech[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]15. Nebraska[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16. Ohio State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17. Auburn[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18. Arkansas[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]19. MississippiState[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20. Notre Dame[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21. Penn State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22. Arizona State[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23. Missouri[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24. West Virginia[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25. Texas[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/SIZE]

Iowa will end up in the top 20-25.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
6 SEC teams in the poll. Nice. Nice post Sarge, but one question to ask, How much did Mud pay you to list LSU #1? I do see part of the deal was to let UT slip in on the list at 25.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
UT is a 20-25 team nationally.

I ranked LSU #1 because they field what I believe is the strongest team in the country, and I wouldnt be shocked if they kicked Oregon right off the face of the planet.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Like the list, most of it I am in the same area with you on.....BUT Mich St at 10??? WTF??? They are a bottom of the top 25 team IMO. Nebraska fits that 10 spot a lot better than Mich St.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I kinda went with the herd on Michigan State. Ill be the first to admit I dont have the same knowledge of the Spartans I do with the Wolverines, Buckeyes, Badgers, and Cornsuckers er...huskers.

Zach

Iowa will end up in the top 20-25.

Homer.

How could you possibly think the best (possibly) QB since Long, one great receiver, a few good receivers, superstar TEs three deep, few defensive superstars, a stud running back, and a coach that has proven to get results with less could possibly get inside the top 20?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I dont believe in Iowa. We shall see just how good they do this year. Theyve certainly won enough Big 10 titles and BCS games lately to give me hope.

maverick824

Really interested to see that myself, really. I tend to think teams will swiss-cheese our secondary until we get a full class in, but outside that, most games should still be shootouts LOL

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I want to see what happens when its game time and Shoelace takes off running against Hoke's wishes.

maverick824

I actually think Hoke's a smart enough coach to tailor what he does around his gamechanger. My guess is there's been a lot of work put in this spring working on DRob's decision-making. Let's be real, he'll never be a polished passer, but if he can at least avoid the gamble throws that plagued him last year in tough situations, and play smarter, he'll still be afforded plenty of opportunities to tuck it and make plays. Now, 2 years from now, when he's got a QB to run the true system he runs, there will be a big difference, but for the short term, DRob will be doing a lot of the same stuff he has done.

Defensively is where I think you see the immediate gains from Hoke's system. Gone is the swiss cheese 335 that would probably let me run for 80 yards, as out of shape as I'm in. That scheme simply does not work in the Big Ten, period. I think he's got enough strength up front to work back to what Michigan's had as a staple, a strong front 7, but there's just absolutely nothing whatsoever in the secondary that should scare anyone, and that's why I think you'll still see the shootouts, at least until we get to the meat of the Big Ten, and then, I agree, that's where DRob's growing as a QB will be the difference.