Reggie Bush Rushes For 200 Yards

DearbornDolfan

So how's that for not being an every down back? How about not being able to run between the tackles? Hey, Saints, you did it wrong!

jjtweeks

Yep
but we did it wrong years ago when we thought Brees had a bum shoulder and picked up Culpepper insted

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So how's that for not being an every down back? How about not being able to run between the tackles? Hey, Saints, you did it wrong!
Uh, no they didn't. Look at their record over you miserable Dolphins. Oh, and he has only had like what, 4 games over 100? No I would take Sproles over Bush, any day, any time. Saints made the correct decision.

DearbornDolfan

Uh, no they didn't.

Where Bush is concerned, indeed they did. Let me remind you that Bush isn't all that far away from a thousand yard season. The Saints' entire success is based upon the fact that Spielman and Saban were douchebags who didn't know their ass from their elbows where personnel are concerned. I'm speaking specifically of Drew Brees.

ExperiencedRookie

Good for Reggie. He was going nowhere fast on the Saints roster. Regardless of the records of these 2 teams, this was clearly a good career move for him.

Keeping it up is another thing tho...

Remote Controller

It was a great move by the Saints to simply turn the page to a back that can actually do more in their scheme. Bush will have his days, but needs to accept a similar role on a team if he wants to stay upright. He isn't near as tough as Sproles mentally or physically.

Remote Controller

I would quibble with the mental part. He's ready and willing to take anyone on.
I feel Sproles is mentally tougher, and he doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. Much more blue collar in the way he attacks the game. It was a fine move for Reggie and the Dolphins, if they can keep him healthy. I just wonder what happens if they give the Soph more carries???