Ravens @ Patriots: Who wins?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
And who are you pulling for? I'll be pulling for the Ravens who have proved to be down right dangerous once they get into the playoffs and will shake up New England when they upset Belly Check's bunch.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will lean Ravens here, they win in playoffs, and they seem to be a great Patriots killer.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I guess I'd rather see the underdog Ravens win here, but I don't think they will. They'll put up a decent fight though.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Please stop picking the Ravens, this team loves the underdog role!
OK...I'll help you out...

Brady gets even in the playoffs against the Ravens at 2-2. Secondary is not good enough to hold down the Pats IMO. I think the Pats win and win pretty easily.

Pats - 31
Ravens - 20

maverick824

January game at Foxboro? Brady is practically unbeatable there. I'll take the Pats AND the pts, please.....

Pats 24
Ravens 10

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
OK...I'll help you out...

Brady gets even in the playoffs against the Ravens at 2-2. Secondary is not good enough to hold down the Pats IMO. I think the Pats win and win pretty easily.

Pats - 31
Ravens - 20

Thanks Miller!

JScott

Administrator
Thought about this game all week. Was nervous at the beginning of the week as BAL has that look of the Giants from a few years ago, when they started their run at the end of the regular season on the way to beating my Patriots in the SB. But as the week went on a few things changed my outlook.

1.) BAL has traditionally not been good the week after playing PIT (read that from a Ravens beat reporter). Tough to get up for the next game after spending so much on PIT. On the flip side, NE not only got last week off, they also didn't dress a lot of players in W17. They'll be fresh. May have a little rust to start the game but will finish strong.

2.) Both teams are pretty good at running the ball, and good at stopping the run. So I somewhat see that aspect offsetting, leaving the passing games. This is where I think the big advantage is. Revis is arguably the best corner in the league and can take Smith Sr. out of the game. Browner will get help over the top on T.Smith, but due to his lack of speed I expect him to give up a few 30 yarders. Pats can live with that. And Jamie Collins is athletic enought to cover Daniels. So is Marlon Brown or whoever the 3rd WR is going to beat NE? I doubt it. On the other side BAL's secondary is very suspect. They'll have to focus on Gronk, most likely leaving both Edelman and LaFell in single coverage. If BAL's pass rush is somewhat contained Brady will pick the secondary apart. If they do get pressure consistently Brady will have the quick dink and dunk options to Edelman and/or Vereen. BAL's going to have to come up with some wrinkle on D to confuse NE along with the pressure. I can possibly see this happening at the beginning of the game.

I see the first quarter being close, with BAL possibly having the lead due to early adrenalin. By the 2nd half though, or even in the 2nd quarter if NE feels the need to change momentum, I see NE going into the hurry up to both tire BAL's D and slow the pass rush. That will eventually take its toll by the 4th quarter where I think NE pulls away.

NE - 31
BAL - 17

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wow, ravens look tough on the opening drive. Joe cool looks to be on today, should make it a great game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
After a hot start by the Ravens the Pats have come storming back to tie it up at 14. Heck of a game so far.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ravens take a 3 put lead, something tells me they will need more than that if they are going to hold on.