FA Signing: Randy Moss is a 49er

jjtweeks

Signed to a one year deal
there ya go Mud, he's not on your team :grin: We'll see how that goes. I think he will do alright there and it will be a benefit for Smith. Think this will be good, bad, or not really any change for V.Davis' production?

Last edited by a moderator:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
hmmmm, not sure I like this. Moss gives up to easily when he's not involved in the game.......also, not a great influence for an already disappointing Crabtree.

cctekguy

Staff member
The lack of a deep threat in SF has more to do with Smith's arm than it does his WRs.

Maybe they think Moss' name will draw deep coverage even though no one will throw to him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If I am Alex Smith, I don't re-sign now. No friggen way.

RLLD

Crabtree is a Moss in training, those two will get along well in general, and Randy will complete his descent to the dark side. Moss will do his typical crap, no one will even buy that Alex Smith is throwing a long ball to Moss. As the season progresses he will **** and moan about everything and then become sullen and act the fool.......

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Crabtree is a Moss in training, those two will get along well in general, and Randy will complete his descent to the dark side. Moss will do his typical crap, no one will even buy that Alex Smith is throwing a long ball to Moss. As the season progresses he will **** and moan about everything and then become sullen and act the fool.......

And that's if it all goes pretty good in the Bay, lol. Imagine if it blows up early.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I have to listen to non-stop Niner crap, so, in that way I am somewhat of an expert in that vein.

No Niner fan loves Alex Smith. The opposite is true of Vernon Davis.

So, here's the dilly:
They signed Moss to try and take the heat off of Davis. Their TE is the fastest player on the field, which if it were anyone other than Vernon would be uber-sad.

If you look, the Niners are making a run for PM. Moss went ahead and signed when the Niners offered him the dotted line simply because no one else would.

Other than Crabtree, the Niners haven't a wr to speak of.
But that's not who they are. They are so old school it's almost illegal.

They are defense first second and third. The signing of Moss was just to entice PM.
Moss won't make it through the preseason unless the Niners sign PM.

The Niners signed Moss to be their speed, deep, stretch-the-field guy, which on almost any other team would be laughable.
The Niners wr's are so bad, maybe PM won't be able to refuse such a challenge.

problem is they are in the NFC

Last edited by a moderator: