Questions, questions, questions..

wical34

My reality check bounced.
Just a post to find a consensus..

We will make the setting 1/2pt PPR, Points are to the decimal. I.E - 1 yd is .01 pt. Redraft league..
Passing TD's 4 pts
Rushing/Receiving 6pts
Passing yards 25yd - 1pt

QB
RG3 - Wilson
Peyton Manning - Tom Brady
Andrew Luck - Matt Stafford
Colin Kaepernick - Cam Newton
Andy Dalton - Jay Cutler
Eli Manning - Tony Romo

WR
Eric Decker -Wes Welker
Golden Tate - Stevie Johnson
Marques Colston - Victor Cruz
Mike Williams - Lance Moore
Desean Jackson - Torrey Smith
Sidney Rice - Anquan Boldin

RB
Frank Gore - Maurice Jones-Drew
Reggie Bush - Matt Forte
Ahmad Bradshaw - DeAngelo Williams
Darren McFadden - DeMarco Murray
CJ Spiller - LeSean McCoy
Ray Rice - Trent Richardson
David Wilson - Stevan Ridley

Just a few combo's I would be interested in knowing what the views of most are..

A

Axe Elf

Are you axing us to choose one of each pair, or rank the tandems best to worst, or what?

The title says, "Questions, Questions, Questions..." but I don't see a single question here.

Well, except for mine, of course.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
QB
RG3 - Wilson
Andy Dalton - Jay Cutler
Eli Manning - Tony Romo Oh I don't want either but I'll say Eli
WR
Eric Decker -Wes Welker
Mike Williams
- Lance Moore
Sidney Rice
- Anquan Boldin Easy one with Boldin out of action :)
RB
Reggie Bush - Matt Forte
CJ Spiller
- LeSean McCoy

wical34

Touche Alf..

This is a would you rather have scenario. Please choose one of each pair.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Just a post to find a consensus..

We will make the setting 1/2pt PPR, Points are to the decimal. I.E - 1 yd is .01 pt. Redraft league..
Passing TD's 4 pts
Rushing/Receiving 6pts
Passing yards 25yd - 1pt
okay lets see what we see....
QB
RG3 - Wilson
Andy Dalton - Jay Cutler
Eli Manning - Tony Romo
Wilson over RG3 - why? Health. Washington needs RG3 to run to win, Seattle does not. I think RG will miss some time again, and as such will not be as high a scorer as Wilson.
Manning over Brady - Weapons, Manning has em, Brady doesn't.
Luck - Stafford - gonna call this in favor of Stafford, thanks to Bush and Megatron
Kaep vs. Newton - gonna go Cam, as I think San Fran will rely on run more, and Carolina's run game doesn't look good.
Dalton - Cutler - Cutler. Dalton is okay, but Cutler will have huge games, I don't think Dalton will.
Manning vs. Romo - Romo as Manning looks to be regressing, and not sure if Nicks and Cruz will survive all year.

WR
Eric Decker -Wes Welker
Mike Williams - Lance Moore
Sidney Rice - Anquan Boldin
Decker vs. Welker - Welker - will be slot and will be pet for Manning. Decker loses alot of ground IMO this year.
Tate - Stevie - gotta go Stevie - he IS the WR in Bufallo, and they will be throwing alot to try and catch up.
Colston and Cruz is tough for me, if Nicks survives I love Cruz as the uncovered #2, but if Nicks is out again, Colston may be better.
M.Williams vs. Moore - no contest M.Williams. #2 and maybe #1 wr in N.O. is Graham, Moore is #3 option, #4 if Sproles is back in favor
D.Jackson vs. Torrey Smith - Djax - he will be the key in a high power off. Smith will be target to cover, and won't be as free deep as in the past IMO
Rice vs. Boldin - Yikes this is tough. Boldin IS the man now in San Fran, and Rice is already dinged up. Gonna go Boldin here.

RB
Reggie Bush - Matt Forte
CJ Spiller - LeSean McCoy
Gore vs. MJD - I think MJD comes back with passion to prove folks he is healthy, and San Fran takes some carries from Gore to lighten load.
Bush vs. Forte - gonna go against the grain and say Bush. He will be a PPR monster, and Cutler hasn't sold me yet he is ready to do that with Forte.
Bradshaw vs. D.Williams - Bradshaw, if healthy on that team he will be huge. Dwill just doesn't look good right now.
McFadden vs. Murray - will predict this as a tie, as neither will last all year. Book it.
Spiller vs. McCoy - going McCoy. Spiller will be THE offense in Buf. but they aren't good, and will have to pass more, and I think Kelly has a huge off. for McCoy.
Rice vs. Richardson - Rice all day every day, he is the offense, even with Pierce. Richardson to me is gonna get stuffed and hurt.
Wilson vs. Ridley - I think Ridley here. PPR helps neither, and I think Ridley will be the run game in N.E.

wical34

Mud and Phic a little contradicting.. I like it!

Decker vs. Welker - Welker - will be slot and will be pet for Manning. Decker loses alot of ground IMO this year.
Tate - Stevie - gotta go Stevie - he IS the WR in Bufallo, and they will be throwing alot to try and catch up.
Colston and Cruz is tough for me, if Nicks survives I love Cruz as the uncovered #2, but if Nicks is out again, Colston may be better.
M.Williams vs. Moore - no contest M.Williams. #2 and maybe #1 wr in N.O. is Graham, Moore is #3 option, #4 if Sproles is back in favor
D.Jackson vs. Torrey Smith - Djax - he will be the key in a high power off. Smith will be target to cover, and won't be as free deep as in the past IMO
Rice vs. Boldin - Yikes this is tough. Boldin IS the man now in San Fran, and Rice is already dinged up. Gonna go Boldin here.

I may disagree with all of these - Lol

Decker is a true talent just out-shined by Demaryius IMO. Welker doesn't have a nose for the end zone. I predicted Decker will be the Reggie Wayne to Marvin Harrison. With Welker taking the Austin Collie role.
Golden Tate and Stevie is really close to me. I just like Tates offense a lot better. Not to mention Rice is one wrong step from being out again.
Colston and Cruz is incredibly tough. In PPR both had 5 games over 20 pts, the rest were stat lines around 4-70.
I like Moore over Mike Williams.. Still don't trust Freeman at QB and think Moore fills in nicely as the uncovered guy for Brees.
I agree with DJax for the same reasons.
Boldin - He's tough and way under rated this season.

A

Axe Elf

QB
RG3 - Wilson Top scoring QB over the second half of 2012.
Peyton Manning - Tom Brady Has Brady's best WR.
Andrew Luck - Matt Stafford More TDs this season.
Colin Kaepernick - Cam Newton Kaep will run more; Cam will run less.
Andy Dalton - Jay Cutler Yuck.
Eli Manning - Tony Romo By a Cowboys-Stadium-sized mile.

WR
Eric Decker -Wes Welker Still the red zone target, but PPR scoring makes it closer.
Golden Tate - Stevie Johnson Only experienced receiver vs. #2 on a more diversified offense.
Marques Colston - Victor Cruz See above.
Mike Williams - Lance Moore More of a red zone target.
Desean Jackson - Torrey Smith Smith may have similar yardage on fewer catches, so gimme DJax in a PPR.
Sidney Rice - Anquan Boldin Again on the PPR basis.

RB
Frank Gore - Maurice Jones-Drew More of a featured back.
Reggie Bush - Matt Forte Could break the RB record for receptions this year (101 for Larry Centers in 1995).
Ahmad Bradshaw - DeAngelo Williams Panthers' running game is in shambles.
Darren McFadden - DeMarco Murray The Raiders' running game may be worse.
CJ Spiller - LeSean McCoy Flip a coin. Neither one will be top 10. McCoy has better odds of staying healthy.
Ray Rice - Trent Richardson The only guy in his backfield.
David Wilson - Stevan Ridley Not even close. 12 TDs to 4.

ExperiencedRookie

Eh, still 12 TDs to 6. I'll still take Ridley.
Wilson has to get a bump for receptions now too tho. 30+ is certainly not out of the question.

I think 6 TDs is an awfully low expectation for the lead RB on an above average offense in the NFL too. Andre Brown had 8 TDs by himself in this offense in 2012. No reason Wilson can't hit that number or even eclipse it.

A

Axe Elf

Wilson will probly still get pulled at the goalline a lot though--it will just be Torain taking them in 'stead of Brown.