QB Peyton Manning: Man On The Move?

Bull

I personally, like Luck much better than MGIII and want Indy to take Luck regardless of Manning's condition. However, there are some talking heads in Indy saying that whoever is the QB in Indy will be running for their life so MGIII should be the choice. I disagree and view this as very short sighted. However, if Indy management buy into this thought process, then I'm just saying don't take MGIII at number 1 if you can trade down to #4 still get MGIII and mabye another pick to help protect him. Also if management believes that Luck is the most NFL ready, but MGIII has the most upside, they may consider taking MGIII if they also believe that Manning will be healthy. Again, not my opinion, just saying what we've been hearing. So far it's been a very good smoke screen by the Indy brass.

Remote Controller

-------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>Waynes World Effects<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------

Newsflash!!!! Isray and Manning are conspiring to launch the first player coach scenario in decades. Not only will Peyton Qb the team this season, for most of the season with Luck being worked in, he will also serve as the HC /OC/and General Manager. There will be a DC, and he and Peyton will struggle to get along. ;)

--------------------<<<<<<<<<<<<Waynes World Effects>>>>>>>>>>>>>----------------

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Peyton Manning has confirmed he currently has no plans to retire, and says he has "no idea" what direction Colts owner Jim Irsay wants to go at quarterback.
In an interview with the Indianapolis Star, Manning also admitted he doesn't know if he'll be back to full strength by the time his $28 million option bonus is due on March 8. He said he is continuing to work out daily, but stopped short of guaranteeing he'll be able to play in 2012. He does not expect new GM Ryan Grigson to play a part in deciding whether or not he remains in Indy. Source: Indianapolis Star Jan 24 - 8:53 AM

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Manning might not be in Indy next but one thing guaranteed is he will be where he wants to be. Depending on how rehab goes for him and if he can ever get bck to 100%, gotta think he has 5 more years left in him, saying the team he plays for actually has an offensive line. Two years tops if he has to run for his life.

Indys best move is to grab a QB first and foremost, at least that way they can plan for the future. And best if the new QB can hold the clip board for a season and learn the game. And who better than to sit behind Peyton for a season and if Peyton decides to, he can become QB coach for Indy. Its a win win situation for everyone there. Now why can't they see that?

With that being said , Indy will do totally the opposite. Get rid of Manning, bring in Luck(who is a flop in the NFL) and Manning just rips Indy for 500yds every time they play. LOL

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that the team's offseason priority is to acquire Peyton Manning.
It makes us wonder if the Colts might pay Manning's March 8 roster bonus and try to swing him to the Dolphins in a trade. Per the Herald, the Dolphins have not even shown preliminary interest in free agent Matt Flynn. The Fins apparently believe they have a roster ready to compete for Super Bowls after the addition of a franchise quarterback. Even if it's only a quick fix. Related: DolphinsSource: Miami Herald

Coachnorm

Execs around the league tell NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora they would be "much more surprised by" Peyton Manning staying with the Colts than playing elsewhere in 2012.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
A Dolphins source tells the Miami Herald that the team's offseason priority is to acquire Peyton Manning.
It makes us wonder if the Colts might pay Manning's March 8 roster bonus and try to swing him to the Dolphins in a trade. Per the Herald, the Dolphins have not even shown preliminary interest in free agent Matt Flynn. The Fins apparently believe they have a roster ready to compete for Super Bowls after the addition of a franchise quarterback. Even if it's only a quick fix. Related: DolphinsSource: Miami Herald
Okay a couple of things here.

The new season has not started yet, so Miami can't have talked to Flynn yet.
Second, why talk to Flynn, until you know if he will get tagged or not? Why waste time, and show GB interest?
Third, while I am a Manning fan, if I were Philbin, I take Flynn and go NOW, not later. Why? One, he knows your system, two he has shown he can play in NFL, three he has learned from Rodgers, and fourth he will come a whole lot cheaper than Manning. Last but not least....we don't know who dangerous it is for Manning and his neck. Stupid risk if you ask me.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, well, well....Colts hire Ravens DC Pagano. So they have a defensive minded coach. That should be the final straw for Manning.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's exactly what I thought when I read the news PhiCin. It's almost like they're pushing him out the door now.

deuce4321

Driller
I disagree. No coach is going to know the offense better then peyton. You put peyton in charge of the offense and let the HC focus on the defense.

bobbeaux

I disagree. No coach is going to know the offense better then peyton. You put peyton in charge of the offense and let the HC focus on the defense.

that's the 1st thing I thought too.

but, I could see both sides . . . the colts w/out manning will need to improve the defense more than ever (as shown this season).

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Colts owner Jim Irsay criticized Peyton Manning Thursday, calling the future Hall of Famer a "politician" for his early-week comments to the Indianapolis Star.
"Don't put the Horseshoe in a bad light," said Irsay, who added that Manning should have kept his issues with the Colts front office "in the house." The relationship between the two men is deteriorating quickly, as both sides spin the media to curry public favor before the inevitable breakup. rotoworld

DearbornDolfan

You know, this is incredibly stupid of the Colts. It's not Manning's fault that the Colts decided they didn't need a capable backup behind Manning. It's not Manning's fault that the Colts didn't build a real team. And yet, after this last season being categorical proof that the Colts NEED Peyton Manning to compete, they're pushing him out the door? Talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Oh well, if the Colts descending back into mediocrity where they belong opens up the door to Peyton Manning joining the Dolphins, I'm all for it. Now if only the Giants would end Brady's career, I'd be happy.

gizzil

i am still rather incredulous over all. i just dont see him going or them letting him leave. how weird would it be to see that giant noggin in a different hat!