QB Derek Anderson Lands In Arizona.

Coachnorm

KTAR Sports 620 reports that the Cardinals will sign free agent Derek Anderson on Wednesday.

So how long is the hook for Leinhart when Anderson is the backup?

elrocko

I like Anderson. This is a pretty interesting scenario.

I guess Leinhart can resume his role as "World's Best Looking Back-up"

Coachnorm

It is a very interesting contract.

Anderson's contract with the Cardinals is a two-year pact worth $7.25 million, ESPN.com reports. The deal includes $3.25 million guaranteed, The Anderson's deal is structured so that he can be an affordable No. 2 QBand yet if he wins the job and explodes he can earn over $ 10 million extra in incentives.

Coachnorm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live Wednesday that the Cardinals consider their quarterback situation "an open competition."

I was a little Ho Hum about the signing when it was first announced. But it seems to be getting a lot more interesting.

:xpopcorn:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I see Wells and Hightower having breakout seasons next year.

IMO D.Anderson has the edge as the starter going into training camp with a less than spectacular M.Leinart as competition, with RB's B.Wells and T.Hightower and great WR's he could do well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
OKay, this is interesting on a few fronts.

First, the fact that Arizona decides to go with an experienced Qb to sign...tells me they don't have that much faith in Leinart.

By all reports they were working against Seattle to get the young backup out of San Diego Charlie Whitehurst. His only negative is almost no game experience. He is young, has one hell of an arm...and is still being targeted by Seattle.

So...arizona went vet instead of a promising youngster....which tells me they fear the need for a quick fix.

I am curious if Seattle goes and signs Whitehurst now. IF so..and they don't draft a QB..they can instead focus on O-line in the early stages of the draft.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Whitehurst and C.J. Spiller were teammates and buddies at Clemson. Just throwin' that out there.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
OKay, this is interesting on a few fronts.

So...arizona went vet instead of a promising youngster....which tells me they fear the need for a quick fix.

Whitehurst is older than Anderson. Anderson is the more known quantity, that's for sure. John Clayton is on the new Seattle ESPN radio affiliate everyday at 4:05 and he said Arizona and Seattle got in a bidding war over Whitehurst and that Anderson was 2nd prize.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Anderson is the more known quantity, that's for sure.

Known to... suck! POOM

He is no Kurt Warner, and Matt is really going to have to drop the ball or gun down the mayor, or something horrible for Wis to justify making Anderson a starter.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Known to... suck! POOM

He is no Kurt Warner, and Matt is really going to have to drop the ball or gun down the mayor, or something horrible for Wis to justify making Anderson a starter.

So...give it what...three weeks into the season then?:cunning::rolllaugh:

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
So...give it what...three weeks into the season then?:cunning::rolllaugh:

Child, please.

Leinart has had his lousy moments, but Anderson had those and more... game after game after game.

Sure he'll have better receivers in Arizona but I still remember his dog butt pro bowl performance when he had pro bowl receivers to throw to. Dog BUTT!

Child, please.

Leinart has had his lousy moments, but Anderson had those and more... game after game after game.

Sure he'll have better receivers in Arizona but I still remember his dog butt pro bowl performance when he had pro bowl receivers to throw to. Dog BUTT!

How many trips has Matty made on the league's dime?

Not claiming DA is going to save that team but realistically he has accomplished more than Leinart has with less.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
How many trips has Matty made on the league's dime?

Not claiming DA is going to save that team but realistically he has accomplished more than Leinart has with less.

No one can take that away from him.

All it means is actual talented QBs kept dropping out until it came to DA. And if he had any sense he would have dropped out before showcasing his dog buttality.

Phicinfan

Administrator
dog butt pro bowl performance when he had pro bowl receivers to throw to. Dog BUTT!

okay for the record, this coming from you with that cat avatar is just friggen hilarious! :biglaugh:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Patrick Crayton arrived for the start of Tuesday's OTAs, as expected.

Crayton is already out on the practice field, and beat writer Todd Archer expects him to work as the No. 3 receiver ahead of Dez Bryant. It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as Crayton was convinced the rookie would be handed a big role immediately.
Source: Dallas Morning News

rotoworld,
Patrick Crayton arrived for the start of Tuesday's OTAs, as expected.

Crayton is already out on the practice field, and beat writer Todd Archer expects him to work as the No. 3 receiver ahead of Dez Bryant. It will be interesting to see how that plays out, as Crayton was convinced the rookie would be handed a big role immediately.
Source: Dallas Morning News

This is great news for Matt Leinart owners.

:grin: