Pre-season injuries starting to mount

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Rb - banged up in Dallas with all three back up Rbs with dings, including the rookie with a seperated shoulder.
Rb - C.J. Spiller had surgery last night for a knee "clean-up" expectation is he will be back by week 1
Rb - Adrian Peterson has a deep thigh bruise
Rb - Joique Bell in Detroit is fighting off two injuries - achilles and knee, and may lose starting position to Abdullah.

Wr - Rookie White in Chicago has shin stress fracture and will be placed on PUP. He is out at least 6 weeks, but rumor is it may take all season.
Wr - Jeffrey in Chi has some ailments, but he should be fine by start of season - net raise ranking of Forte and Bennett and maybe even Royal in Chicago.
Wr - DeSean Jackson has a shoulder issue, and will be out a few weeks.

Te - Ertz in Philly is out with groin surgery, will miss all or pre-season, but expected back by week 1

this is just off the top of my head, but we can keep a running count

Phicinfan

Administrator
Buffalo Rbs taking the hit:
McCoy - MRI today on hamstring strain
Jackson - hamstring sprain has him out 2 weeks
Williams - rookie has some mysterious ailment that put him in hospital with pain in abdomen. Out til week 3 pre-season for now
Booby has a bad hammy as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
its being reported as a strain, but he is going for an MRI, and I agree it looks worse then that

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Is it really necessary for football to have this much pre-season? Most of the players would only need a couple of games to be in "game-shape" and a week or 2 to get ready for games.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Not too long ago they played six of these affairs. I wouldn't be surprised to see a contest cut out in the near future.

ExperiencedRookie

Is it really necessary for football to have this much pre-season? Most of the players would only need a couple of games to be in "game-shape" and a week or 2 to get ready for games.
To be fair, how much "preseason" football are the guys like Kelvin Benjamin even playing? He probably only had like 10 offensive snaps in the preseason.

Are you suggesting no more training camp too?

efactor

Coming at you
Not too long ago they played six of these affairs. I wouldn't be surprised to see a contest cut out in the near future.
I'll play cynic. As long as they can charge season ticket holders full price for exhibition games, I doubt they let go of that cash cow any time soon..............

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah it'd be a battle with the union to take away preseason games and add real games again but I expect it to happen at some point.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
From 1970 through 1977, the NFL season consisted of 14 regular season games and six exhibition games...Starting in 1978, the regular season was expanded to 16 games, and the exhibition season was cut from six to four games.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Robert Griffin III has been diagnosed with a concussion. Jay Gruden stated late Thursday that he has "no idea" on a return timetable for Griffin, but did say "I'd imagine" RG3 will remain the Redskins' starter when healthy.

cctekguy

Staff member
Someone needs to explain this one to me.

Bruce Gradkowski has been put on season ending IR.

His injury is a dislocated finger on his non-throwing hand.

Seriously?