Votes: 11 100.0%
  • RG3 at Home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I agree RC. To have played RG 3 and risk his career was a stupid move.

Not sure I agree here. they are debating this on Mike and Mike this morning, and make great points. 2 years ago folks were flaying Chicago and Cutler for not playing through injury. Not to mention all the flack Washington got in baseball for pulling their starting pitcher as well. I would say the kid was fine up until he got hurt again in the 1st qtr. Then he probably should have been pulled. But you get to the playoffs, and if the kid can play why not play him?

gizzil

Not just lovie or jay or the nats either... The Rose injury in garbage time (seems to happen a lot in the chi huh) vick injuries over the years saved a couple coaches... although people blame the coach for some of these (and perhaps rightly so) The coach also has the player injury to "blame" for the team losing, and in some cases holds on to the job another year... or two or three

Remote Controller

He should have been pulled after the first tweek, or for sure right after the 2nd TD drive. He offered even less at QB then Webb offered Minnesota at that point, and he could run. To play him the second half was NUTS and gave the tea NO chance to win.

cctekguy

Staff member
Hmmm....wasn't that long ago that Cutler was called every name in the book for not "toughing it out" in a play-off game.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He should have been pulled after the first tweek, or for sure right after the 2nd TD drive. He offered even less at QB then Webb offered Minnesota at that point, and he could run. To play him the second half was NUTS and gave the tea NO chance to win.

Maybe you are right, maybe Seattle's def. deserves more credit too. Not sure playing Cousins most of the game would have helped much at all against that defense. I won't begrudge a player saying he wants to play in a playoff game.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The entire situation is fishy with Coach and Doctor Andrews about two chapters apart from being on the same page.