Peyton Hillis - dynasty value?

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Wondering how much value to put on this guy in a 10 team non-ppr dynasty league. I mean, is he the guy? Do they give Hardesty another shot next year? Is he at least RB2 material for another couple of seasons? What say you!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I think they have to give Hardesty a chance. I'm guessing Hillis will be the main back, Hardesty will be the third down back. I'm guessing since he got hurt right away, they won't want to rush him. Plus, they are getting a new coach. So we have to wait and see who that is.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Hillis is the RB in Cleveland. He was the offense in Cleveland this year. They will likely want Hardesty to pick up a little bit of his work load to avoid him wearing down, but Hillis proved he is a force in this league.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Tough to call. Holmgren did give multiple picks to draft Hardesty, and a new coach will have his say and potentially want to bring in his guy.

I think a likely scenario is both share and perform well, giving fans a combo not seen since Byner and Mack.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think in both cases, the main backs are who they are. Foster and Hillis will get the majority of the load on each team. I do think Cleveland will use Hardasty a lot, to take load and wear and tear off of Hillis. Same for Tate in Houston. But I do think Foster and Hillis are solid targets for dynasty.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im not worried about Hardesty. Even if he took Hillis's job he would still come up injured like Week 2

Vicious_Machine

Great question; but I just dont see any answers at all in the above post. Whats "great value"? Whats a "good workload"? Whats a "major force"? I mean, he's still going to get drafted obviously; but I am not even going to consider him in the first 3 rounds of a 10 team non-PPR league.

I think his value should be "low"; I will let the rest of the league overpay for him. I think he scored 0 TDs in the final 4 weeks. There are plenty of other backs with higher upsides and/or more proven track records I would rather have. Hillis showed me he could start to break down over a full year. Not to mention he faces the Ravens & Steelers D 4 times a year, where he will take a major pounding.

I would much rather let somebody else draft Hillis and wait on a Green/Ryan Matthews/Tolbert later in drafts for a non-ppr. Or if I am drafting in the first 3 rounds, give me the Gore - Ray Rice - Run DMC instead.

Vicious_Machine

I actually want to hear more on this specific question!! Cause I know this is going to be a recurring theme all off season (and leading into drafts next year).

Wondering where everybody else is buying on Hillis??? What round would you consider snagging him up??

Vicious_Machine

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!
I know some of you are already plotting your pre-draft rankings!!!

I need input; where is Hillis ending up in your rankings???????????????? :eek:

gruntbusters

Well for me it's a rookie draft in our 8th season. So I'd be trading for him. The deal I've been sent is for me to send E. Sanders WR PIT, C. Ivory RB NO, and my 1st rounder in 2012 for Hillis. That is just too much in my opinion for a guy that will maybe play at low RB1/high RB2 status. I'd much rather go after more elite talent.

I also don't see Hillis as the man for more than 2 seasons there. It would be a short term investment for me and I am not sure I have enough to compete to take the title in the next two seasons. Quite a bit rides on whether B. Marhshall can step up to WR1 status again and Blount to continue to carry the rock for TB and have a similar season as he did this year. I also need Romo back or for Schaub to return to top 10 QB status. Mediocre QB play isn't going to get it done either.

I'm hesitant to give up too much for Hillis right now.

gruntbusters

Not sure if many of you will see this before I need to pull the trigger (this coach is notorious for backing out on deals at the last minute), but I'm on the hook for my 2012 1st round pick, Johnny Knox and Chris Ivory for Peyton Hillis. This seems like a decent deal to me. Anyone see this as lopsided at all?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
As far as where do i see Hillis for next year? I think bottom of the top 10 RB's....8-11 range I think is a safe landing spot. That will put him in the turn discussion in a 12 team league. ppr leagues he will climb a spot or two I would assume. Early to Mid 2nd is where I think he will fall on average next season.

gruntbusters

Wonder if I should attempt to grab Steven Jackson for the same kind of deal? Problem is he's got a lot of mileage on him. Or maybe a Forte, or Turner?