Peyton Hillis - dynasty value?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
In a dynasty I like Hillis over Jackson and Turner. Forte would be a toss up. Not sure which way I would lean.

Vicious_Machine

Wow; SJax has fallen that much? I like SJax more then Hillis I think. Proven track record; yes he keeps you awake with his constant injury problems but Rams moving in right direction and he is a workload back as well.

I think those two are going to be one of those close calls next year. For me, its Forte where I would say no. The guy just cannot power in from the 1 yard line; thats death to a RB fantasy value. I love his PPR value though; he just snags up those receptions for cheap points.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I still see Hillis in a committee while Hardesty is healthy. And I'd prefer SJax and Turner, because you KNOW where you stand with them. Forte not so much, because he doesn't seem special enough to hold the position for too much longer.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here's my problem with SJax and Turner in a dynasty value discussion:
Jackson - Will be 28 next year, 2 more seasons before you see the dreaded 30. Has 3 300+ carry seasons, and is coming off his 2nd one in a row (something he had done been able to do before). Injuries, workload and age just seem to be working against him. Also, TD's leave a lot to be desired. Only 2 10+ TD seasons in his career and no more than 8 since his career year in 2006.

Turner - Turns 29 in a month so will be closer to 30 than not the next time he plays. Has 2 300 carry seasons in his history and broke down the year after his last one. He is a TD machine when he plays though with 3 + 10+ TD seasons (even the one cut short with injury he hit 10. Not sure how long his body will hold up long term.

Hillis will be 26 and his 270 carries was his highest. So age and work load were both lower. He brings an attitude to that offense and is the clear goal line guy. He caught 60 balls this year so ppr value is strong as well.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Here's my problem with SJax and Turner in a dynasty value discussion:
Jackson - Will be 28 next year, 2 more seasons before you see the dreaded 30. Has 3 300+ carry seasons, and is coming off his 2nd one in a row (something he had done been able to do before). Injuries, workload and age just seem to be working against him. Also, TD's leave a lot to be desired. Only 2 10+ TD seasons in his career and no more than 8 since his career year in 2006.

Turner - Turns 29 in a month so will be closer to 30 than not the next time he plays. Has 2 300 carry seasons in his history and broke down the year after his last one. He is a TD machine when he plays though with 3 + 10+ TD seasons (even the one cut short with injury he hit 10. Not sure how long his body will hold up long term.

Hillis will be 26 and his 270 carries was his highest. So age and work load were both lower. He brings an attitude to that offense and is the clear goal line guy. He caught 60 balls this year so ppr value is strong as well.

Very good analysis Miller

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I pulled the trigger. I received Peyton Hillis in exchange for my 2012 1st round rookie draft pick, Johnny Knox WR CHI and Chris Ivory, RB NO. The big question here is whether or not Ivory gets the starting gig in NO. I still like Hillis over him, but this deal might have been pretty good for the other coach. My need at RB hopefully has been met, but just not sure on the value of the trade. I think it'll be okay, but you just never know!

I need B Marshall and S Greene to get better next year. If that happens, I sure think I'll have a shot at contending. Hillis looks like he averaged about 18 to 20 carries per game this year. If Hardesty gets healthy and helps take some pressure off, I could see Hillis maybe settling in around 15 carries a game. About the same as Blount (on my team as well). I don't think this will keep Hillis in the top 10 RB category, but very high RB2 at least. So we'll see. If he truly comes out and performs like he did this year, I'm golden.

Thanks for your help guys. Always appreciated.

gruntbusters

ughhh now I'm reading all sorts of crap that Hillis was an anomaly and there's no way he does it again next season much less a couple more. I hope this works out. He's not just a FB out of Denver! He's a stud RB on a team that should be better next year forcing defenses to plan for more than just him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Barring an injury Hillis should again put up nice numbers next year. I don't expect a repeat of last year but I'd like to have him on my team. I tried all season to trade for him but she wouldn't budge.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
ughhh now I'm reading all sorts of crap that Hillis was an anomaly and there's no way he does it again next season much less a couple more. I hope this works out. He's not just a FB out of Denver! He's a stud RB on a team that should be better next year forcing defenses to plan for more than just him.
Quit reading reports from hacks ;)

I think you will be very happy with your trade at the end of the year.

Arctic Dawgs

I still see Hillis in a committee while Hardesty is healthy. And I'd prefer SJax and Turner, because you KNOW where you stand with them.

Better get both (from MFL Player news)

(TheHuddle) Cleveland Browns RB Montario Hardesty (knee) is running, cutting, lifting and is on pace to participate in organized team activities in May, reports Mary Kay Cabot, of The Cleveland Plain Dealer. 'I'll be cleared to play football in a couple of months, so by May, I'll be ready to practice,' Hardesty said. Hardesty suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament Sept. 2, ending his season before it started.

Analysis: Hardesty was a pleasant surprise for the Browns last season before going down with a knee injury. Expect the talented runner to return to form and once again be a force in the Browns running game. He should be considered as a No. 3 running back with upside at this point.

gruntbusters

I drafted Hardesty, but traded him along with Colt McCoy for Brandon Marshall last year not realizing I'd be a Hillis owner. I'm okay with that trade.

With Hillis pulling SUV's in the offseason sounds like he's coming back strong and ready. While I fully expect him to be spelled more often to prevent the drop-off end of season, I think he still puts up great RB2 if not low end RB1 numbers. But then again I'm a glass half full kind of guy when it comes to players on my roster heh.

Remote Controller

Browns | Owen Marecic joins players-only workouts Tue Jul 12, 12:19 AM Cleveland Browns FB Owen Marecic joined a players-only workout in Austin, Texas Monday, July 11. He had been finishing up in classes at Stanford during the other sessions.
<TABLE class=data><TBODY><TR class=alt><TD class=la>Our view: Marecic was one of the most versatile players in this year's draft class. He should fit perfectly in Pat Shurmur's new West Coast Offense. Marecic is a big fullback who relishes collisions and can pick up yards after contact with his strong leg drive. He is also a very good receiving option out of the backfield. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cctekguy

Staff member
Oh Hell,

RC is promoting another Cleveland RB.

I'm doomed to another season of kicking myself in the ass for not listening to RC.