Niners Coach: We have no interest in Peyton Manning

DearbornDolfan

The Cards can't afford Manning. They owe their other quarterback huge guaranteed money. I have no clue why anybody takes the idea of him going to any team but the Dolphins seriously. They can sign him from rollover cap space alone. Plus, if they do sign him, I would be willing to bet they mortgage next year's draft to fix the right side of the line in this year's draft just to keep him upright.

Arctic Dawgs

Heard on the radio today that someone figured on Redskins 1 and 2. Sounds like Snyder made a crap load of moves to free up close to $50mil in cap space for this year last year. Also hearing Seahawks in the mix. I hope not

eta: they were also saying that they did not think the Cards were in the mix due in large part to Kolbs contract

DearbornDolfan

Peyton Manning is 36 years old. He wants to win now. Can somebody please explain to me why the Redskins have more of a chance at the Super Bowl with Peyton Manning as their QB than the Fins do? That's a rhetorical question. The answer is that they don't. Hell, no team that needs a QB is more loaded with talent than Miami. Oh yeah, and unlike the Colts (or the Patriots, for that matter), the Fins have a real defense.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I agree with you DD plus I'm on record here as saying several weeks ago that IMO Manning will never play for Shanny. However from a personal standpoint I'd like Flynn to get the job with the Fish.

DearbornDolfan

Well, I don't think Kolb is as bad as he looked last season. The lockout had some fairly horrid effects on all but the elite teams, which just solidifies my opinion that the only difference between the elite teams and the also-ran teams is that the former have been together a long time under stable leadership. You saw what happened to the Colts when the heart and soul of their team, Peyton Manning, was taken away from them.

In the end, that's why I'm so bullish about Miami for this upcoming season. I think the first seven games were clearly their off-season, the time they took to get their crap together. With Matt Moore and a full off-season they're a 10-6 or 11-5 team, which considering the shape the AFC is in makes them a playoff team. Put Flynn or Manning in there and you have a team that can make a hard run at the ultimate prize. Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly regret last season's outcome, since it basically ensured Miami returns to the air-it-out offense that Miami was so successful with for so long. But they're no longer the joke the media has made them out to be and I think the only people who realize that are the personnel of the 31 other NFL teams.