NFLPA to cover any fines levied on Ochocinco for wearing Henry's Jersey

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
In what can only be described as a very classy move by the NFLPA, they have told Chad Ochocinco that if he chooses to wear Henry's #15 on Sunday in tribute to his friend and teammate, they will cover any fines the NFL hands down.

Great job by the players association on this one.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I applaud Chad for this move. I hope the NFL has a heart and lets him do this. Any player in the league that wishes to change their uniform number for the rest of the season in Henry's honor should be allowed to do so.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I agree, Miller. If the NFL does fine Chad for doing this, the money will go directly to the fund, I hope.
Is there a website for the fund for people who would like to donate?

Mike

Administrator
I don't think there is a specific link to go to, but here is the bank that is doing the memorial fund: https://www.53.com/

Probably have to call them and find out how to contribute

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Its moments like this when I'm grateful the league has a player like COC who has the gregarious and extroverted personality to not only consider, but also pull off a move this "bold" (by Goodell standards).

However now that the NFLPA has come out with this generous offer to cover the fines COC would surely get, I would think Goodell would have enough sense to examine his public image by imposing a fine for this action. But then again.... I'm often accused of dreaming.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think this is a power play by the new head of the NFLPA (maurice smith I think is his name) to say enough is enough. He has come out publicly and stated this, I take it as almost a dare to Goodell and the league office. You would think to save face, the NFL would have to back off any fine threats....but then again, this is the NFL...

Mike

Administrator
Won't surprise me at all for Goodell to fine him. Goodell has been on a power trip since he got this gig. I swear I will throw a party the day I wake up and he is no longer commissioner of this league.

Khubbard71

The NFL, not fun league, has had the track record of being a fine happy league. Fines are a way of keeping the players in line with what the organizational heads want them to be. If a player wants to make a tribute to another player it should be the right of the player to do so in whatever means the other player feels neccessary. I find it absolutely outrageous that the head office would want to stop anything to make things better for players in mourning. The NFL needs to take a step back, look at what is best for the players, and stop being so petty and close minded.

efactor

Coming at you
You guys crack me up. Anything this clown does is just A-OK with you. Chad Johnson the football player was awesome. The clown he has evolved into, not so much.

There are many ways to honor Chris Henry. I thought the moment of silence before last nights kick off was a very classy and effective way to make fans stop for a moment and say a quick prayer or take a moment to appreciate everything they have. I realize that the Bengals organization would want to do something more elaborate, and I'm sure they could arrange something appropriate to honor Henry within the rules of the NFL.

As usual, Johnson is making it about him. He has decided that there is nothing else he can do to honor Henry except wearing his jersey. Nothing else except something that he knows is in violation of NFL rules. So instead of figuring out another way, he draws even more attention to himself by taking the spoiled 6-year old approach and saying he is going to do it anyway. Wow, what a great way to honor a guy that was trying to get his life together. Ignore all the rules and do exactly what I want. Kind of the attitude that gets these players into trouble in the first place. I can punch out anyone I want because I'm a star athlete. I can carry a gun around (and then shoot myself) without a permit because I'm a star athlete. It's an attitude, and while this particular act by Johnson certainly won't get anyone hurt or killed, it just perpetuates the prevailing "I can do anything I want" attitude that a lot of athletes have, and gets a lot of them in trouble. An attitude that got Henry into trouble and one he was trying to change.

The NFL has built an amazing organization that is making players rich. Show a little respect and stop acting like a spoiled child when you don't get your way..............

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You guys crack me up. Anything this clown does is just A-OK with you. Chad Johnson the football player was awesome. The clown he has evolved into, not so much.

There are many ways to honor Chris Henry. I thought the moment of silence before last nights kick off was a very classy and effective way to make fans stop for a moment and say a quick prayer or take a moment to appreciate everything they have. I realize that the Bengals organization would want to do something more elaborate, and I'm sure they could arrange something appropriate to honor Henry within the rules of the NFL.

As usual, Johnson is making it about him. He has decided that there is nothing else he can do to honor Henry except wearing his jersey. Nothing else except something that he knows is in violation of NFL rules. So instead of figuring out another way, he draws even more attention to himself by taking the spoiled 6-year old approach and saying he is going to do it anyway. Wow, what a great way to honor a guy that was trying to get his life together. Ignore all the rules and do exactly what I want. Kind of the attitude that gets these players into trouble in the first place. I can punch out anyone I want because I'm a star athlete. I can carry a gun around (and then shoot myself) without a permit because I'm a star athlete. It's an attitude, and while this particular act by Johnson certainly won't get anyone hurt or killed, it just perpetuates the prevailing "I can do anything I want" attitude that a lot of athletes have, and gets a lot of them in trouble. An attitude that got Henry into trouble and one he was trying to change.

The NFL has built an amazing organization that is making players rich. Show a little respect and stop acting like a spoiled child when you don't get your way..............
Chad Ochocinco has decided to not wear the jersey today as he feels it will be too much of a distraction to his TEAM.....sounds like that goes completely against the misguided rant above....sorry E, Chad is making this all about Henry and his team, not him.....but nice try to by the anti Chad crowd again, that is the crowd that cracks me up....trying to tell someone how to mourn is :shake:

Funny you used the word respect in that rant.....

And respond with anything you want, an argument on this is the one thing I am not going to do on this one.....

efactor

Coming at you
Chad Ochocinco has decided to not wear the jersey today as he feels it will be too much of a distraction to his TEAM.....sounds like that goes completely against the misguided rant above....sorry E, Chad is making this all about Henry and his team, not him.....but nice try to by the anti Chad crowd again, that is the crowd that cracks me up....trying to tell someone how to mourn is :shake:

Funny you used the word respect in that rant.....

And respond with anything you want, an argument on this is the one thing I am not going to do on this one.....

OK. I will say this and leave it at that.

There is no anti Johnson crowd, just fans tired of his tired "me" act. The guy is a clown and the bottom line is that he made a much bigger issue out of the jersey thing than he needed to. Many ways to honor Henry and most of them are internal, which are truly the more important...............

Last edited by a moderator: