NFL Week 1....how did ya do?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who played week 1? How did ya do?

I played almost all of my action on FD this week...what an odd opening week. On the main Sunday slates, there was not many huge performances and many of the big names didn't quite live up to what many expected.

However, in a depressed scoring week, I'm going to end up looking pretty damn good. I was very heavy on the Rams D and Hooper at TE. They, along with A. Brown, are making me pretty happy overall. Here is my top team right now, if I can get a strong 2nd half out of Zeke...I could go from good week 1 to GREAT week 1.

upload_2017-9-10_21-50-41.png

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Awesome Job Miller - I just don't have the guts to spend the money to do this kind of thing

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Awesome Job Miller - I just don't have the guts to spend the money to do this kind of thing
You would probably do pretty good. Just comes down to doing some research and sticking with your system. I have come out ahead every year I have played...but this is the biggest NFL week I have had. It's more of a grind than big hits.

What is fun about it is you can play for $1 if you want...it can be pretty small potatoes if you want it to be.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Entered one cash lineup in two 50/50 contests on Draft Kings and ended up cashing in both. 138 point lineup with McCoy, Gurley, Ertz and Rams being the most productive.

ExperiencedRookie

Well Zeke was good enough to lift me to 3rd and $2k!
Wow Miller!! Great score. Well done.

I was with you on Fitz, Gurley and Crabtree for a good deal of my lineups.

I can't see how anyone paid the big bucks for Zeke in week 1 though. His only 2 games where he was held in check last year both came against the NYG. What led you to thinking he'd be a good play?

ExperiencedRookie

I like to stick to the H2Hs. A little less variance there.

Unfortunately, I lost every single H2H I played this week. Some "pro" scooped up all of my challenges, and he beat me by 2 measly points.

Luckily, I had a VERY good week betting NFL this week. I went 2-2 in my small bets. 2-0 in my big bets though.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wow Miller!! Great score. Well done.

I was with you on Fitz, Gurley and Crabtree for a good deal of my lineups.

I can't see how anyone paid the big bucks for Zeke in week 1 though. His only 2 games where he was held in check last year both came against the NYG. What led you to thinking he'd be a good play?
Mixed it up on the 3 big backs to get exposure to all of them. Just so happened I had the right one in this one.....I didn't shy away from Zeke based on a little pissed off factor...never under-estimate a pissed off football player who is trying to give the league the middle finger...

ExperiencedRookie

Mixed it up on the 3 big backs to get exposure to all of them. Just so happened I had the right one in this one.....I didn't shy away from Zeke based on a little pissed off factor...never under-estimate a pissed off football player who is trying to give the league the middle finger...
Either way, very well done.

We going to get some week 2 DFS talk going?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sure, I'm all for it.

Working on my college lineups now...will make the switch to NFL once I have them done.

ExperiencedRookie

Sure, I'm all for it.

Working on my college lineups now...will make the switch to NFL once I have them done.
This feels like a really terrific week to get into tournaments that start on Thursday. The ownership rate on Thursday players is always a few percentage points higher than they should be. Seems like people can't wait to get some action in. You'll have a chunk of your competition that fields lineups like:
Watson
Lamar
Mixon
Hopkins
AJ
Sunday WR
Eifert
Cincy D
Hou K