NFL News, Rumors, in/out Post Draft

efactor

Coming at you
Re.claypool, the trade was a mistake in hindsight and he is a free agent next year. I’ve seen conflicting reports on whether he is improving or lacking the work ethic above. If he does well, he will want too much money, if he falters, he will be a backup somewhere else. He was acquired prior to getting DJ Moore so his outlook for the future is likely not in Chicago after this season.
A mistake in hindsight? The trade was a mistake the minute they made it. A sure top 3 2nd round pick for an underperforming WR whose contract is coming up? Horrible.

Walter34

At the time they were close to .500 and needed an extra WR badly for Fields. I agree it was a mistake right away in my opinion as well, but it wasn’t expected to be top 3 (or top 1 as it turns out) at that time.

efactor

Coming at you
At the time they were close to .500 and needed an extra WR badly for Fields. I agree it was a mistake right away in my opinion as well, but it wasn’t expected to be top 3 (or top 1 as it turns out) at that time.
Well, they were 3-5 at the time and only 6 teams were worse, 4 of them a game back. Maybe guaranteed top 3 was overstated, but safe to say top 7-10 was pretty safe. To give up that pick for Claypool especially considering only 1 1/2 years remaining on his rookie contract was a horrible move.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NYG - Giants and Barkley have started contract talks again - 3 weeks left folks
MIA - a TMZ report is out that Tyreek Hill is under investigation for striking a marina employee. Currently no charges have been filed
PIT - sign FA LB Nick Kwiatkoski and release WR Anthony Miller
LAR - have signed FA RB Sony Michel

Phicinfan

Administrator
NE - Patriots are betting favorites to win DeAndre Hopkins
PIT - former LB Clark Haggans has died at the age of 48 - no cause of death has been listed as of yet
BUF - Promote DL Coach Eric Washington to Asst. Head Coach - future DC??

Phicinfan

Administrator
MIA - a TMZ report is out that Tyreek Hill is under investigation for striking a marina employee. Currently no charges have been filed
New reports out that Marina employee does want to file charges and their may be security footage that supports the charges - uh oh

Phicinfan

Administrator
ESPN - cancelling their morning broadcast radio show - no more Keyshawn, JWill and Kellerman - thank God cause it was baaadddd....

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - July 20th is the target date to approve sale of Commanders
NFLPA - expect to have a new executive director by June 29th

Phicinfan

Administrator
BUF - extends GM and HC to 2027 - McDermott and Beane staying put

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - has promoted Kyle Smith to asst. GM and Ryan Pace to Director of player personell
BUF - reports out now that the Diggs issue is with Josh Allen, not team - here we go again folks.....
JAC - reports out of Jacksonville is to expect more production from Etienne this year - good to hear, but can he take more usage?
NFL - only 31 draft picks are left unsigned this year so far
LVR - criminal case against Davante Adams has been closed - for leaving the field and shoving photographer down - but it now opens window for potential league action - for off-field issues
ATL - reports out expectations are Cordarrelle Patterson will move to WR more and not get many carries at RB now with Bijon Robinson
ARI - saw one report that Cardinals could trade Kyler Murray next year - big cap hit but it should be managable
ESPN - has decided not to extend the contract of Rob Ninkovich

Phicinfan

Administrator
MIA - DA is still looking into incident with Tyreek Hill
LAR/SF - rumors flying both teams might look to get Kirk Cousins next year as he will be FA - I don't buy SF, but Rams? Maybe

efactor

Coming at you
MIA - DA is still looking into incident with Tyreek Hill
LAR/SF - rumors flying both teams might look to get Kirk Cousins next year as he will be FA - I don't buy SF, but Rams? Maybe
Only way SF would be in play is if Purdy is permanently injured and out of football and they deem Lance can't cut it. They can't afford 40 million for a QB and keep the rest of their roster intact

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dalvin Cook - reports out that at least 6 teams have offered a contract to Cook, Miami, NYJ, have been confirmed.

Walter34

Only way SF would be in play is if Purdy is permanently injured and out of football and they deem Lance can't cut it. They can't afford 40 million for a QB and keep the rest of their roster intact
Agree, SF makes no sense for wanting cousins. The Rams need to rebuild and draft a QB next year and it will be one of the best and deepest QB drafts in a long time.

cousins will have market value but I think it will be with different teams

Phicinfan

Administrator
Agree, SF makes no sense for wanting cousins. The Rams need to rebuild and draft a QB next year and it will be one of the best and deepest QB drafts in a long time.

cousins will have market value but I think it will be with different teams
I don't disagree, to me this will be teams that won't have high draft picks, but will want to be more competitive. So lets see...
NFC - Washington - assuming Howell doesn't work out and true Irony as well :D , Falcons - if Ridder doesn't work out, Tampa - although they may be bad enough to draft a QB, Rams - assuming Stafford finally falls, Arizona - assuming they get out of the Kyler Murray deal

AFC - Miami - if Tua keeps having Concussion issues, Patriots??, Raiders if Jimmy G doesn't work out.

But SF I think has the QB covered with Purdy or Lance

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL news:
Per repots Colts DB Isaiah Rodgers and several more NFL players will receive a season ending suspension for gambling violations this week
NFLPA - has voted Lloyd Howell as its new executive director of NFLPA - to date no one knows who this guy is... - he succeeds DeMaurice Smith

Phicinfan

Administrator
New reports out that Marina employee does want to file charges and their may be security footage that supports the charges - uh oh
New report out has it Hill offered the guy $200 at the event to try and get him to forget it happened - this won't be taken well...

Phicinfan

Administrator
NE - Patriots sign DeVante Parker to a new 3 year deal - $14 million guaranteed
CHI - Aurora IL has stepped up to entice Bears to build new stadium there, they just bought land in Arlington Heights but local tax change may make that too expensive, and Bears don't want to stay at Soldier Field or in Chicago main