NFC Championship Game Discussion Thread - Saints vs Vikings

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
Let's get to know the Minnesota Vikings:

Fun fact #1:

Over the last 8 games, Adrian Peterson has averaged 20 carries for a scant 66 yards and a meager 3.3 average. That was against the likes of Chicago (twice), Seattle, Arizona and the NY Giants (who had nothing to play for). The Vikings have defintely lost the ability to run the ball effectively. They will be one dimensional against the Saints and Gregg Williams will eat Favre alive because of it. Advantage Saints.

Fun fact #2:

The "great" Jared Allen only becomes the "pretty good" Jared Allen on the road, as he has only 5 of his 15 sacks away from the friendly confines. The Saints will smartly chip with a RB or TE on Allen to slow him down time and time again. It will be one heckuva frustrating day for Mr. Allen.

Fun fact #3:

Jasper Brinkley, the rookie MLB who replaced the Pro Bowler beast EJ Henderson, has his hands full this Sunday. He has the unenviable task of trying to outwit Drew Brees and Sean Payton. He is their QB on defense. Advantage Saints and this one is a laugher.

Fun fact #4:

The Vikings best cornerback Antoine Winfield is so hobbled by injury that he has been reduced to covering the slot receiver (or the 3rd best receiver on the opposing team). The Saints will come out 3 side for much of the game. Advantage Saints and this one could get ugly quick.

Fun fact #5:

Brad Childress is an idiot. That's all the detail I have. Mega advantage Saints.

If this doesn't make you feel good, then I have no hope for you.

Saints vs Vikings Pass defense stats:

Completion %
Saints - 5th
Vikings - 25th

TD %
Saints - 3rd
Vikings - 24th

Int %
Saints - 3rd
Vikings - 27th

Passer Rating
Saints - 3rd
Vikings - 27th

We made the great Kurt Warner look bad and we will do the same to Favre. On the flipside, Brees will have his way almost all day long.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This to me will be the game of the playoffs. This will end up being a better game than the Superbowl I think. Just too many great story lines, and two really solid teams in this one.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
New Orleans was completely shut down today...a lot of people are saying they have never seen partying and tailgating like this at any professional sporting event in the US before.

I dont think anyone outside of south LA could ever understand how much this game means to that city and state...and to those that have grown up being a Saints fan. Mind boggling how a sporting event could be this huge.

GoToLeep

Fantasy Football Champ!!
i'm torn as well, so I call for a Colts vs Saints vs Vikings super bowl. :headscratch::headscratch:Sorry Jets.

DearbornDolfan

Drew Brees should be a Dolphin (yes, I'm still bitter about that), but since he's a Saint and I hate Brett Favre (the self-absorbed asshole), I'm pulling hard for the Saints. Geaux Saints!

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9eUi23e0Dk"]YouTube- Roll with the Black and Gold (Saints hype video)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=486zoFik04M"]YouTube- "I Believe" Saints Music Video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzXDtq1DBU"]YouTube- Party in the MIA[/ame]

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Now I'm gonna be signing "yeeeaahhh, it's a party in the MIA" all night LOL. Nice find BB!

Coachnorm

I was liking the Vikes a lot in this game. But after talking to Nikki about the D line injuries I have to wonder if they can pressure Brees enough.