Matthew Stafford or ???

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I think I would 2-M. Carroll claims that the SeaHawks will continue being a run first, physical team and that cuts down a wee bit on Wilson's production. Kaepernick may well be a super star but I'm not ready to rank him above Stafford, yet. Really nice try but Stafford, who usually disappoints his owners, is not the secret player.

efactor

Coming at you
I would too.

As much as I love Kaep, fantasy success is so dependent on team philosophy. Pass early, pass often teams like NE and New Orleans will always produce big fantasy numbers. Detroit is a team with a weak defense and they are usually behind or in a shoot out of some type. Lot of garbage points. Stafford will put up 4500 yards by accident. The fact he had only 21 TDs passing last year was a fluke. I think 30 is almost his floor with that type of yardage.

Kaep and Wilson on the other hand play on teams with good defenses, balanced offenses. They are ahead in the 2nd half in most games, so you don't see a lot of garbage points. They do add the element of rushing yards, but I see them as QBs who will be in the 3500 yard area instead of 4500.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would have to go Stafford as well. He has potential to be huge, especially if as we hope Bush will give them some running game.

Wilson to me is better than Kaep, not sure why, just personal preference.

jjtweeks

Depending on who my backup was It wouldn't be much of a stretch for me to take a chance on Kap. The way the Hawks offense is run like said before doesn't really give the ceiling to Wilson that Kap will have. But of course we already know how high the ceiling is with Stafford.