Marion Barber!!!!

Remote Controller

Barber played through torn quad in 2009 -- Tue Jun 8 10:00 pm --
spacer_whi.gif

RB overcame myriad of injuriesDallas Cowboys starting RB Marion Barber played the last 13 games of the 2009 season with a torn left quadriceps muscle. Barber, who led the team with 932 rushing yards, suffered the injury in a Week 2 loss against the New York Giants. Cowboys RB coach Skip Peete said it's a six-week injury. Barber missed just one game. Barber battled numerous injuries last season. In addition to the quad injury, Barber played with a bruised left knee and a broken thumb. In the two playoff games, Barber battled thigh and knee issues, and rushed for just 18 yards on 11 carries with no touchdowns. (ESPN Dallas)

FF Today's Take: If there were ever questions about Barber's toughness, there shouldn't be now. The fact that he played through all these injuries and still averaged 4.4 YPC should speak for itself. This year, however, it would behoove him to remain as healthy as possible as he will be fighting Felix Jones for the lead back role in the Cowboys' backfield.

Because I love Mike! :fish:

Runnik's Hambones

Barber is awesome. I still think he's really good, like you said RC, when healthy. If he can manage a no injury year I see him getting over 1200 on the ground.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon speculates that 2010 will be Marion Barber's last season with the Cowboys.

Barber survived this offseason despite a $4M roster bonus in addition to his $3.86M base salary, so it's far from a forgone conclusion. His Dallas future is wholly dependent on his performance in 2010. If MBIII remains healthy and effective this season, it's tough to see the Cowboys cutting ties even with Tashard Choice fully prepared for a larger role. Barber is due $4.25M in 2011.
Source: ESPNDallas.com

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Marion Barber is the starting tailback "as of right now," according to Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com.

"And it doesn't really look like it's going to change anytime soon," added Eatman. Though a more explosive talent, Felix Jones provided another reminder of his durability concerns when his knee swelled up prior to Tuesday's practice. Despite Jones' offseason hype, this has the look of a fairly equal timeshare. Both players are low-end RB2s in fantasy terms. Jul. 27 - 7:38 pm et
Source: dallascowboys.com

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I went to school with his father (and Tony Dungy). They were both reall intense guys. MB3 is just keeping up this tradition.