Marinelli-gate columnist resigns

Was Rob Parker's comment wrong?

• Total voters

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
sorry, I didn't get too excited over that comment.....it was a freaking JOKE....everyone needed to lighten up on that one and take if for what it was, humor......Marinelli is a tool for making such a big deal of this, sucks this guy left his job due to this crap.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Different when you have kids Miller. Obviously Detroit is and was 100% not funny, and being the lightning rod (no pun intended) for it all, it was at minimum a classless attempt at humor.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
don't think the fact that if I have kids or not has anything to do with how I see this. This is nothing more that a perfect example of this country going way to PC.....it was a FREAKING JOKE! I think the phrase "Lighten up Francis" is appropriate here.....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I don't see it that way. It has nothing to do with political correctness. Even if I give you the "humor" angle, it was an extremely poor time to attempt humor with anyone on that staff, especially the head coach who was having to watch it all meltdown around him.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
so you can't makes jokes with someone b/c they are completely incompetent at their job?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You cant exactly say the man was incompetent. You think you could do better with that crap team?

Obviously we are headed toward agree to disagree. I think the comment was cheap. You don't.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I think there have been worse talented teams in the history of football that managed to win "a" game....yeah, he's completely incompetent and most could have won a game with that team. Not saying many, but one, yeah....

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I gotta agree with Sarge here. There is never any reason to drag in a guy's family in any discussion for professionalism. He can say he did it to lighten the moment...but the fact was it was classless and unprofessional. Basically, he deserved to lose his job.

I also think before you throw Marinelli under the bus........give him a team with a real GM and we could then see.

Remote Controller

This idiot should have been fired on the spot by any reputable Paper. Definitly don't feel you on this one Miller. This guy deserves the position he is now in, and he shouldn't have had this much time to come to this decision. Marinelli had a horrible year, but nothing he did coaching should have lead to this kind of attack on his daughter. I would have come over the podium, and ended up in jail, because that dumb ass would have went down hard!!

Escrow

Good...that dude is a total D-bag anyway....have any of you ever see him talk? He is an ignorant mofo, I don't know how he got the job in the first place....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think it does. Neither you and Miller have them, and think the comment was okay. RC, Phic, and I all have them, and we found the comment to be in poor taste.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think it has anything with having kids sarge.
I will disagree here.

I think your perspective on what can and can't be talked about changes when you have kids.

Be that as it may, I don't see any reason why targeting someone totally not involved ever makes sense. Professionally or otherwise.

Remote Controller

This same columnist is the guy that fabricated stories earlier in the season , and had to make retractions. I have a post here somewhere with that story.