LeGarrette Blount should be suspended for the season

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
What a cheap piece of shit.

Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount, who had ran his mouth in the time leading into a nationally televised game against the Boise State Broncos, gets shut down in an embarressing loss.

This guy then follows up this gem with a cheap shot punch to a Boise State player, then tries to attack fans and has to be restrained by the police.

The Oregon Ducks and the NCAA need to stand up IMMEDIATELY and level a season long ban against this piece of trash at minimum, and Oregon should seriously consider kicking him off the team.

College football is an emotional sport with out a doubt, but the display I just witnessed has no place in the game.

Kick his ass out Chip. Kick his ass out or risk losing control of this team.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The action needs to be swift and severe. Season long ban or kicked off the team. Chip Kelly has had a horrific start to his career and anything but strong action against Blount at this point will cause him to lose control of this football team.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
From what i saw and read , a years suspension is way too harsh. Yes he was P'Od for his poor performance (held to -5 yds) and the way his team played , no excuse but the guy he did hit ( DE for Boise St ) did come up to him after the game and tapped him on the shoulder pad and yeld something and evidentily it was harsh enough that BS coach heard it and was about to grab his DE away bur before he could Blount hit him in the jaw. So i see it as half embarrassed/po'd/frustratedpassion for the game and being provoked by the other team/player. Remember these are 18-22 yr old kids, tempers are a little shorter when your younger. And Blount did apologize immediatly after the incident w/o being told to do so by the school. That counts for something, he knew what he did was wrong and apologized. I'm not condoning his behavior in anyway but always remember their are two sides too every story before judging. And we still don't know what the DE from Boise St said to him to provoke the incident.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
From what i saw and read , a years suspension is way too harsh. Yes he was P'Od for his poor performance (held to -5 yds) and the way his team played , no excuse but the guy he did hit ( DE for Boise St ) did come up to him after the game and tapped him on the shoulder pad and yeld something and evidentily it was harsh enough that BS coach heard it and was about to grab his DE away bur before he could Blount hit him in the jaw. So i see it as half embarrassed/po'd/frustratedpassion for the game and being provoked by the other team/player. Remember these are 18-22 yr old kids, tempers are a little shorter when your younger. And Blount did apologize immediatly after the incident w/o being told to do so by the school. That counts for something, he knew what he did was wrong and apologized. I'm not condoning his behavior in anyway but always remember their are two sides too every story before judging. And we still don't know what the DE from Boise St said to him to provoke the incident.
Maybe, and that is just a maybe IMO, because you have to be better than that, but if it was just the cheap shot, ok.....you may have a point. But it's not, after that he tried to go after a fan....garbage, and no place for it. The combination of the two actions leave me with one recourse if I am Oregon and the Pac-10. A season long suspension. Not going to go as far as kicking him off the team, but he should be done for the year.

Now back to the cheap shot, this kid was running his mouth a lot before this game....sounds like he can dish it out but not take it, the Boise st DE gives it back to him a little bit and his response is to jack him in the jaw? BS, it's assault.....period. I know it's an emotional game, but you have to be able to control them, he did not.

Time for the NCAA to make a statement IMO.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Maybe, and that is just a maybe IMO, because you have to be better than that, but if it was just the cheap shot, ok.....you may have a point. But it's not, after that he tried to go after a fan....garbage, and no place for it. The combination of the two actions leave me with one recourse if I am Oregon and the Pac-10. A season long suspension. Not going to go as far as kicking him off the team, but he should be done for the year.

Now back to the cheap shot, this kid was running his mouth a lot before this game....sounds like he can dish it out but not take it, the Boise st DE gives it back to him a little bit and his response is to jack him in the jaw? BS, it's assault.....period. I know it's an emotional game, but you have to be able to control them, he did not.

Time for the NCAA to make a statement IMO.

Cheap shot or not, a year long suspension i thing is too harsh. Going after the fan was definitly going overboard, wonder if he is related to Artest in anyway, and a suspension is most likely to happen but i think the question here is now, how long should he be suspended ? 3 maybe 4 games in my opinion and suspend the DE for a game also for provoking.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why is a year suspension too long for assault and then trying to provoke a public riot by going after the fans? You just can not have these kids behaving like this. Let him sit out the year and come back next year and get a second chance. I don't think a year is harsh at all given the behavior displayed.

And why are we suspending the DE again? He tapped him on the shoulder pad in passing and gave Blount some of the smack talk he gave them back.....hardly suspension worthy IMO, if it is, then anyone talking any smack should be suspended....

Bull

This was not a cheap shot sucker punch. Hout ran his mouth and Blount closed it. By the way Hout shoved him as well. Boise State won the game and Hout decided to be classless winner and got popped. The young age arguement is BS. Take responsibility for your action, but Hout should take responsibility as well. If Blount needs to go to the Raiders or Bengals for his actions, then Hout needs to go the Patriots for his classless winning.