Leavitte Fired From USF

Runnik's Hambones

It's official. This morning the Bulls fired the only head coach in the school's football history. Jim Leavitte was let go by USF today.

Who's your guess for replacement?

elrocko

The local media outlets are reporting he committed serious violations in accordance with school policy.

It is unfortunate, I liked Leavitt, hopefully he will land on his feet.

Runnik's Hambones

The local media outlets are reporting he committed serious violations in accordance with school policy.

It is unfortunate, I liked Leavitt, hopefully he will land on his feet.

He's been in the news for a few weeks after being accused of choking and slapping a player during halftime of USF's Homecoming game against Louisville. Take into consideration the constant chatter in the area about if Leavitte is "the right guy to take the team to the next level," USF's AD felt that it was the perfect opportunity to go ahead and pull the trigger.

elrocko

Yeah, I knew about the halftime incident. I wonder how much influence the recent accusations against Leach and Mangini had on this decision.

Oh well, they are doing what they feel is best for the University.

In the mean time, I am still grateful to Leavitt for all he did to establish the football program at my alma mater.

The names that I have seen mentioned so far are:

Dan McCarney, Florida defensive line coach

Tommy Tuberville, former Auburn coach

Calvin Magee, Michigan offensive coordinator

Terry Bowden, head coach, North Alabama

Rich Bissacia, special teams coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tommy Bowden, former Clemson coach

Larry Fedora, Southern Mississippi coach

Mike Canales, USF offensive coordinator

Carl Franks, USF running backs coach (Int. HC)

Whether any of these are true or not is yet to be seen. It should be interesting to see which direction they go.

elrocko

I would love for them to land Tuberville. A proven coach that can recruit. Would make life interesting around Florida.

I would have hard time being excited if they went for Leach. Especially if they are saying the reason for releasing Leavitt has to do with conduct towards a player. Would not make any sense.

DearbornDolfan

I don't get it, no old school coach ever thought of pulling crap like this. Yeah, they could make a player's life miserable, but it was never through violence or abuse.

Runnik's Hambones

Well, I for one don't believe that Leavitt choked and/or slapped a player. I think that they're just empty allogations from bitter ass players.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If anyone from Sports Outlaw is going to coach, its going to be me. Mr. Charisma!

I'll lay money that my Florida "hostesses" can beat Tennesee's "hostesses".
I wont smack players. I will host "kill the student" days where for the low price of a hold harmless agreement, you can walk out of your classes and into a rousing game of "rat in the hole" with my linebackers.

I will get Cubans to defect to come play for USF

Yep...gonna rock!