Jets QB Brett Favre to retire?

Coachnorm

ESPN is reporting on Mike and Mike that Brett Favres agent will announce Favres retirement today to the Jets.

Coachnorm

Kellen Clemmens or Eric Ainge, probably. Not many free agents out there. Leftwich? Probably draft one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
1) obviously not a shocking announcement
2) but i believe him this time. its different. favre is done for good. i just know it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Kellen Clemmens or Eric Ainge, probably. Not many free agents out there. Leftwich? Probably draft one.

Favre retires!

Clemmens NOT the answer according to sources in NY. Favre retiring is no big surprise...he thought he had something left, but clearly he didn't. He has had a heck of a career, HOF in my opinion. So go out before you make a fool of yourself.

As for Clemmens, does not have the accuracy or arm strength for what they are looking for. I would look for NY to take a Qb early, or deal for one of the FAs out there.

Link:Brett Favre tells New York Jets he is retiring - ESPN

The Jets already have begun discussing their options at quarterback and spent a good portion of Tuesday studying the 2009 class of draft-eligible college quarterbacks. The team is unconvinced that Kellen Clemens, a former second-rounder, is capable of being Favre's replacement. There also appears to be a conviction to seek a quarterback with significant arm strength to play through the challenges of windy, cold-weather climate that often is a factor in Jets games

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I was also reading somewhere today that Penny is going to be released by Miami ??

:hmmm:

Any chance he winds up back with the Jets ??
:wtf:

I heard he was not getting a contract extension, but he still is the starter in Miami from all I have read. dunno:

Arctic Dawgs

:wtf:

I heard he was not getting a contract extension, but he still is the starter in Miami from all I have read. dunno:

Sorry Phicin. I miss read it. From Fanball:

Feb 10, 2009 12:21 PM CSTPennington not likely to get new deal?
news_icon.gif
The News
John Clayton of ESPN does not expect Chad Pennington to receive a contract extension with the Dolphins.
comments_icon.gif
Our View
Pennington enjoyed a solid first campaign with the Dolphins in 2008, but had a poor track with durability and consistency during his time with the Jets, and Miami has Chad Henne waiting as a future starter at quarterback.

DearbornDolfan

If he has another good year next year, he'll receive an extension. Parcells isn't prone to knee-jerk extensions the way some teams are.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah I think this time it's for good. Thanks for the memories Brett! It's been a fun and wild ride.

dukdown

Banned
Favre has stated that he's retired for sure this time, 100%, no doubt about it... unless there's some way a move can be "engineered" that he can join his former mentor Darrell Bevell in Minnesota.

Arctic Dawgs

Favre files papers this time. From Fanball:

Feb 11, 2009 04:41 PM CST
Favre submits retirement papers
The News
The New York Daily News reports that Brett Favre has officially submitted his retirement papers to the NFL. He will in turn receive his one time severance pay from the league.
Our View
Favre never took this step last season, so apparently he is serious about walking away this time. The sunset is a beautiful one for Favre, and he will likely still have a variety of endorsement opportunities and analyst jobs offered to him in the immediate future.

cboofe

Banned
Feb 11, 2009 04:41 PM CST
Favre files papers this time. From Fanball:

Favre submits retirement papers
The News
The New York Daily News reports that Brett Favre has officially submitted his retirement papers to the NFL. He will in turn receive his one time severance pay from the league.
Our View
Favre never took this step last season, so apparently he is serious about walking away this time. The sunset is a beautiful one for Favre, and he will likely still have a variety of endorsement opportunities and analyst jobs offered to him in the immediate future.
There is no reason in the world for Four to retire.

He is healthy. He is Wise (?).

Two more years for Four. Four more for the fanatics.

More from Four...More from Four...More from Four...that's right

More from Four...across the land.

More from Four...More from Four...More from Four!!!!!