Jets interested in Chris Ivory?

Coachnorm

The Jets may be interested in trading for Ivory, ESPN New York reports.
The Saints assigned Ivory a $2.023 million second-round restricted free agent tender that essentially guarantees he won't get an offer sheet, but a trade is entirely possible. The Saints could use the extra cap space and have enough backfield depth to part with Ivory in exchange for one of the Jets' draft picks after the second round. While Ivory has proven to be a powerful runner when healthy, his running style may be hard to maintain, and he has already struggled with injuries, despite carrying the ball only 256 times during his first three seasons. Regardless of any question marks about Ivory's play, there is little doubt that getting out of New Orleans would help his fantasy value. The Saints have a crowded backfield with Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Mark Ingram. The Jets, on the other hand, are working with two unproven players in Mike Goodson and Bilal Powell.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Saints need more picks and next year Chris will be gone as a free agent anyway. Getting a lowly 4th or 5th beats getting nothing next year. I wish the young man good luck and good health and expect good things from him. Too bad it won't be in the Dome.

jjtweeks

I always liked the kid and always wondered what he could do with more opportunities. If he goes to the jets I hope he gets more playing time than in the past

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
His fantasy value will certainly move up if he's dealt to the Jets. He's mired behind Sproles, PT Cruiser and Ingram down here in the Big Easy and even though he has by far the best ypc for the Black & Gold he can't get on the field enough to help your team now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Would be an awesome fit for both, as Ivory can catch and run, and would help that offense hugely.