Jeff Garcia Is An Eagle Again!

Mike

Administrator
This just throws all kinds of kinks into the Kevin Kolb/Michael Vick discussions, doesnt it, LOL.

Clearly, Jeff Garcia knows this offense, heck, he was as good or better in it than Donovan McNabb.

Discuss!

Mike

Administrator
McNabb has to be freaking out at this point, seriously. We all remember how well Garcia did for this team not long ago. he could step right in this week as the starter.

Mike

Administrator
does Garcia step in and start next week?

At the very least, he puts a heavy shadow on Kolb. I think Reid will want to go with Kolb though, because fans are probably already getting excited to see Garcia back in their uniform.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
What does this do to Michael Vick? Can the Eagles carry 4 QBs on their roster?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well lets see what this means.......

First that McNabb won't play for at least til after the bye...unless it is critical.
Second, Mr Feely is NOW a Panther! Will he take over?
Third, Looks like a show me or you are gone for Kolb. Garcia won't be ready to start yet....and lets face it...he didn't win the Raiders job.
Fourth, Vick was NOT meant to be the Qb of this team this year. He will be brought in for gadjets and stuff...but that is it.

overall, I am split here. If we really have the Garcia we had a few years ago...great. We have solid back up for Mcnabb. If not....I hear a panic alarm going off...and that worries me.

Remote Controller

Well lets see what this means.......

First that McNabb won't play for at least til after the bye...unless it is critical.
Second, Mr Feely is NOW a Panther! Will he take over?
Third, Looks like a show me or you are gone for Kolb. Garcia won't be ready to start yet....and lets face it...he didn't win the Raiders job.
Fourth, Vick was NOT meant to be the Qb of this team this year. He will be brought in for gadjets and stuff...but that is it.

overall, I am split here. If we really have the Garcia we had a few years ago...great. We have solid back up for Mcnabb. If not....I hear a panic alarm going off...and that worries me.
Garcia didn't lose this job. He never was even given the chance. It floors me that Russell was drafted first and is still at this overall level of play.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Garcia didn't lose this job. He never was even given the chance. It floors me that Russell was drafted first and is still at this overall level of play.
that is not exactly true. He was hurt most of pre-season and could not even compete. Coach may have been stuck with Russell, and Garcia's ego would not allow him to be back up there, so he requested his release.

it still means...he did not WIN the job.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Philadelphia spin on why they signed Garcia:

link:Philadelphia Eagles

Is Jeff Garcia an Eagle again because the Eagles suddenly lack confidence in Kevin Kolb ? No. Is Garcia here because Donovan McNabb is hurt worse than the team initially expected? No. Why, then, did the Eagles and Garcia agree to terms on a one-year contract to bring back the 39-year-old quarterback? It really is a simple, up-front explanation and for anybody hopeful of some "conspiracy" theory, well, sorry to disappoint you.

Garcia is here as insurance policy. He is here because McNabb is nursing a fractured rib that could keep him out of Sunday's game against New Orleans. And even if he can play, McNabb will be in pain and the Eagles will need more than two quarterbacks eligible to play. And until Michael Vick is eligible to suit up, Week 3 against Kansas City, the Eagles had just two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster.

Enter Garcia.

It is as straightforward as that. No hidden agendas. The Eagles needed somebody who could join the team and could help in an emergency situation, and Garcia fits that job description about as well as anybody. He knows the system. He knows the coaching staff. He is a veteran of the game and he can aid this team in a number of ways as a reserve quarterback.

That idea that the Eagles lack confidence in Kolb, as is being suggested in some ridiculous circles, is as absurd a throw-it-against-the-wall theory as I have heard in a long, long time. Yeah, the Eagles are so down on Kolb that they kept him instead of A.J. Feeley -- now in Carolina -- and have Kolb as the No. 2 quarterback on the roster, with Vick No. 3.