Gronk/Hillis for Sproles/Olsen

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
What do you guys think? I'd be giving up Gronk and Hillis for Sproles and Olsen. I'm in desperate need at RB, my starter is Shonn Greene (Mr 5pts or less a game). This is a 10 team dynasty PPR league. My starters are Romo, Greene, Nicks, Cruz, Gronk, and A Brown or L Moore. We start 1 rb, 2 wr and 3 flex. It would be ideal to split up Nicks and Cruz but this coach has no desire for another WR...

I love Sproles in PPR but he is 29 and that team is loaded at RB...do you think this is a safe trade? It seems even, but it's tough to give up Gronk.

For the record, my RB's to start the season consisted of R Helu (just went on IR), P Hillis (backup to Charles), Blount (lost job to Martin) and Greene....talk about sucking at picking RB talent..wow.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Yeah you are in desperate need of a RB 1 but Sproles just isn't one. Is PT on the wire? Not a RB 1 but maybe you could get him for free. If I'm giving up Gronk you better know I'm getting more than Sproles for him. Olsen certainly helps this potential deal but I'd try my darndest to move Gronk for a RB 1. Good luck, your RB group could use it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
eww... I love Sproles, but not to lose Gronk. Just my opinion.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Yeah, and didn't realize Sproles is 29. But man this coach is touting him as top 5 material. Based on all his targets/stats it's hard to disagree except I'm giving up a top tier TE for an old RB. It's tough when Gronk is blocking more, but gotta just wait for Hernandez to come back. It'll all work out...but damn I need a RB....I'm going to go after Benson or Gore.

I did get offered Gore for Cruz today. Not sure that it's all that even. And I could use the depth so I'm going to try and ship away some draft picks first for him.

Thanks guys!

Coachnorm

Keep an eye on Gronk.... I think he is probably a go but after Gates I'd check first.

Rob Gronkowski was a late addition to the Patriots' Week 4 injury report after a "limited" practice Friday, and is now considered questionable to play against the Bills. There are no further details available. Keep in mind that Bill Belichick has always enjoyed playing injury-report games, and may have added Gronkowski as "questionable" with so much as a minor hip bruise suffered on the practice field. The Patriots and Bills square off at 1PM ET Sunday, so we will know Gronk's availability early. For now, we would anticipate him playing.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
no way in a dynasty. Keep working the wire and keep shopping the NY duo. Don't panic and don't give away Gronk for an aging RB, no matter how good he is.