For what it's worth in redrafts

efactor

Coming at you
Just thought I would post this for those who live in a world where they think outside the box. A little long, but oh well.

My mom, who is 82 was diagnosed with cancer this week. Although she is a strong person, she is scared and it sucked the energy out of her. Yesterday morning, my stepdad called me about 8 am and said she was weak and almost unresponsive. I jumped in my car, and drove over. I immediately called an ambulance and got her to the hospital. Nothing to do with the cancer, but she had an unknown infection that was causing a fever. I spent the whole day at the hospital with her and my stepdad as they tried to figure out what was wrong. She was totally out of it most of the day and I had to stay by her side in order to make it easier for the nurses to do their things as she would follow what I was telling her to do. Anyway, during the course of the day, I talked a lot of football with my stepdad and talked about the local league draft at my house the next day. To keep it short, about 11:30 PM, my mom finally relaxed and started to shut her eyes. I decided to take off and get a little sleep, so I leaned down to give her a hug and tell her I would be back in the morning.

At that point, she opened her eyes and said "listen to the elf". I was a little confused what that meant and my mind clicked though all it's files for some reference to an elf story in my childhood that might make some sense out of this. Nothing. So I said "mom, what does listen to the elf mean"?

She looked at me and said, "tomorrow. Listen to the Elf"

I replied, "are you talking about my fantasy football draft"?

She smiled and nodded and then said, "listen to the elf, trophy on the shelf". Then she closed her eyes and went to sleep.

Normally, I would write this off to my mom being delirious due to the fever, but I took enough psychology classes in college to believe that sometimes, when delirious, people seem to "know things", so I'm taking no chances.

Downgrade McCoy, Rice, Jared Cook among others and make sure you draft Charles, Vincent Brown, Blackmon and Carson Palmer.

Hope this helps and my mom is doing much better this morning. Hopefully, she gets to go home by Tuesday..............

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

Not buying this crud for a minute, but wouldn't it make a great story if it came to pass.

Could even make for a great movie.
I'm sure the writers would leave out the part where Jamaal Charles finishes outside the top 5 or when Fitz has a better season than Cobb tho

efactor

Coming at you
Not buying this crud for a minute, but wouldn't it make a great story if it came to pass.

Could even make for a great movie.

Man, I would never make up a story like this involving a family member or close friend. That would be horrible karma.

True story. Well, for the most part anyway............

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Great story. Glad your mom is feeling better. Good luck in your draft and listen to the elf. :)

A

Axe Elf

I would axe you to post your team so that the Elf could pass judgment, but since your mom obviously has the clarity you often lack, she can probly guide you as well as I could.